Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Eye on a 2015 Genesis - Advice?
    fortinet is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Ontario

Question Eye on a 2015 Genesis - Advice?

Members don't see this ad
    Hey all, first post here as I'm looking to buy a 2015 or 2016 5.0 Genesis in Canada and could use a little advice.

• 1 From what I understand, all Canadian V8 models come with the Ultimate package and AWD is that correct? Saves me from having to hunt too hard if so.
    • 2 I'm hoping to find one in Ibiza Blue, Casablanca White or Caspian Black in that order - is Ibiza Blue rare? I've never seen one for sale.
    • 3 How has maintenance been on your cars? I am coming from BMW -> Cadillac -> Purchasing a Genesis, so I'm hoping it's not as bad as those last two.

I had my eye on this one as an example, is there anything I should be looking for, any red flags (aside from the missing rear badge in this particular case)?

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Hyundai/G...O&orup=4_15_35

jimmy buoy is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 H-Track Ultimate
    I live in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada

Default Re: Eye on a 2015 Genesis - Advice?

Yes, all Canadian V8's are fully loaded including its awesome AWD system.
    Blue is quite rare and usually has an ivory interior that can be hard to keep clean. Still, a great looking colour for the car.
    This is my third Genesis sedan and I have never had one serious issue with any of them - that's one reason I've had three.

The one listed looks like a great deal. Getting one from a Ford dealer is probably a good thing since they probably don't recognize how good this car really is and they probably just see it as another Hyundai. Chances are that they beat the guy up pretty badly that traded it for whatever reason and have lots of room to negotiate on price. It might be a good idea to see if you can check with a Hyundai dealer to see its service history (grab the vin# off the dash), but even so, it still have a great warranty going for it.

Only one thing is missing that was available on the 2016 but not the 2015 - power rear sun shade. Had that on my two previous Genny's (the 09 V6 and 12 V8) but they didn't include it on 2015. Too bad, but not a deal breaker.

The AWD system hardware was made by Hyundai, but the software that drives it was made by Magna International. Apparently, BMW had their AWD software designed by Magna as well but the one for Hyundai is their newer generation of this system. That, coupled with the 5.0 power makes this car very drivable in our typical crappy winter weather.

Good luck fellow Canuck!

1FstYota is offline Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 AWD Ulimate
    I live in WA

Man, I wish there was a 5.0 awd in the states for 2015 year. I'd say go for it, nothing wrong with the missing rear badge you will replace the H with the wing emblem for 23 bucks anyways, so it saves you a step of taking off the old emblem.
    Daily - 3.8 V6 Genesis Sedan with minor cosmetic mods
    Fun car - 94 Supra Turbo (Lagzilla) Too much mods and custom stuff to list.

EdP is offline Sustaining Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

#1 I don't know
    #2 The most popular colors are gray, black, white from what I'd seen in this area. My 2015 was gray just bought a blue 2018
    #3 Check out some of the other threads here. When I traded my 2015 with 39000 miles it was perfect but that does not mean every car is. Anything mechanical or electrical will eventually break or wear. Of the five Hyundai/Genesis cars I've owned, two had minor issues under warranty. As group, they have been the most trouble free miles I ever drove.

I think you are making a good choice and in the end will be happy with it.

PatrickStern is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

I'd say go for it! and who cares about the Hyundai badge! I still have mine on it to throw people off when they look at my car!
    2015 Ultimate 3.8 in Ibiza Blue / Ivory Interior
    Llumar 35% / 50%
    K&N Drop-In

Instagram: genesisvlog
    YouTube: Genesis Vlog

fortinet is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Ontario

Members don't see this ad
    Thanks for all the great replies everyone, I went to see this car and a number of others and every single one had a cracked or very scratched lower front bumper (on the white ones it particularly shows).

The black one at the ford dealer turned out to be in the best condition overall, but the front driver side lower bumper has obviously been pushed in by a curb or something, there's spiderweb cracks through the paint at the front and a one inch crack where it meets the wheel well.

There hasn't been a single new 2015 Genesis posted from the time I had started looking and I check every few hours :P, it's getting disheartening but I'm going to keep looking.

PS: For other Canadians - when talking to Bolton Hyundai's sales rep about one of the white cars for sale, they were looking at the Carfax with me sitting in front of them, and said "there's been a small estimate for some damage, probably the small crack you noticed on the front bumper". When I got home I requested the Carfax and when they sent it, it says plain as day the car has had an estimate for ~$1000 for rear end damage. The manager also said there was no way he could possibly go lower on the price because "this is a $62,000 dollar car and we'll get what we're asking", and then dropped the price by $1500 two days after I was there. Just my own personal experience, I will not be buying a car at Bolton Hyundai.
    Last edited by fortinet; 11-21-2017 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Added stuff