Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: promotions from Amazon

Default promotions from Amazon

Members don't see this ad
    Ive been told that with the purchase of a new G90, that you are entitled to a free Amazon prime membership, $200 Amazon gift card and the Echo. Contacted Amazon and they know of no such promo but the Genesis customer care rep insists that registration with Amazon is necessary to collect on the promo. Has anyone been able to collect on the promo and if so, how?

GarnetTy1473 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Noblesville, IN

Default Re: promotions from Amazon

You don't get the $200 and the Echo. The $200 is for you to purchase the Echo, if you so choose to do so. IIRC, it took about a month to get the information to register, and once I did, the $200 credit in my account was there. I already had an Amazon account, just not the Prime. My account was updated to the Prime.
    John Nance, Parts Manager & G90 owner
    Terry Lee Hyundai/Genesis
    Noblesville, IN

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Royals26 View Post
    Genesis customer care rep insists that registration with Amazon is necessary to collect on the promo.
    If they give you a $200 Amazon gift card to purchase the Echo or whatever, you obviously have to be registered as an Amazon customer. Doesn't matter who gives you an Amazon gift card, you must have an Amazon account. If you don't have an Amazon account, create a regular (non-Prime) account, and there is no charge for that.

Thanks. I am an Amazon member but no one at Amazon has ever heard of any such promo . I'd think that they'd at least have some knowledge of it.

Mark_888 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Royals26 View Post
    Thanks. I am an Amazon member but no one at Amazon has ever heard of any such promo . I'd think that they'd at least have some knowledge of it.
    Why? Genesis will just send you a standard Amazon gift of $200 electronically. Anyone can buy an Amazon gift card and send it to someone. There are hundreds of thousands of Amazon gift cards given out each year.

DUKES103 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Massachusetts

about a month after i got my 2017G90 i hot a letter from Genesis telling me about the promotion
    i responded that I was a amazon prime member. their new prime membership was added on to my existing membership and i found a nice 200 credit in my amazon account
    it was my dealer who told me what to expect. call them should not be a issue

Gene2 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
    I live in Glendale,AZ

Got a response from Genesis on this promotion. Only applies to the 2017 G90.

Thank you for contacting Genesis Motors USA.
    We do apologize, but upon further research it appears that this Amazon Promotion is only available with the purchase of a 2017 Genesis G90. We are truly sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Thank you again for contacting Genesis Motors USA, and for being a valued member of our Genesis family.

Respectfully,

Genesis Customer Care

JrMarshall01 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Newington, Ct

So those of you still deciding whether to get a 2017 or a 2018, this is one more reason to take one of the 2017 G90's .

OTE=Gene2;247132]Got a response from Genesis on this promotion. Only applies to the 2017 G90.

Thank you for contacting Genesis Motors USA.
    We do apologize, but upon further research it appears that this Amazon Promotion is only available with the purchase of a 2017 Genesis G90. We are truly sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Thank you again for contacting Genesis Motors USA, and for being a valued member of our Genesis family.

Respectfully,

Genesis Customer Care[/QUOTE]

Gene2 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
    I live in Glendale,AZ

first response from Genesis. was time stamped before the other email I posted. Didn't receive this one till later time.

Thank you for contacting Genesis Motors USA. We apologize in the delay in response to your communication, and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We are indeed offering a $200 Amazon.com Gift Card with the purchase of a G90. We have noted that you have not yet received the email, and have submitted the request to resend the email to you for promotional redemption. If you have not received the email within three business days, please reply to this email so that we may research the matter.

If you require any further assistance, we have documented your comments under case number (deleted), which may be referenced for further assistance.

Respectfully,

Genesis Customer Care

Mr. Wonderful is offline Sustaining Member What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Northern Virginia

Members don't see this ad
    I bought my G90 last December. The dealer didn't mention anything about a $200 Amazon credit or a year's worth of Amazon Prime. I think Genesis sent me an e-mail or a letter with the notification and directions on how to register the gift card info. Since I already had an Amazon account, it was easy. Used the $200 to buy whatever I wanted at the time.

Then Genesis sent me a $100 prepaid Genesis/Mastercard debit card to be used within one year however and on whatever I wished. The letter from Genesis said it was a thank you gift for buying the G90. I've still got the card. I think it has $1.12 left on it. I'm keeping it in the glove box as a souvenir.