Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Driver Seat Problem
    OlympicRef is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Driver Seat Problem

Members don't see this ad
    I have 1,000 miles on my 2017 G80 and I have a weird problem with the drivers seat. When I go around turns, left and right, the top layer of the seat shifts against the middle layer making a very creepy feeling. It is clearly moving against a stationary layer. Is anybody else having this problem?

EdP is offline Sustaining Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Default Re: Driver Seat Problem

That would be an odd feeling. Sounds like something missing in seat assembly. I'd see the dealer.

rbres is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in ca

I noticed similar movement in my driver's seat too after about 2-3k miles of use. Usually when taking a fast corner turn it feels like my seat shifts very slightly. Rather than having to deal with the idiots at my local Hyundai dealership I changed the setting on my seat by raising/lowering the base and angle and that seemed to fix it (for now). To me it's more trouble to have it replicated at the dealer so I just accept it since it happens only on a sudden turn. Plus I'm leasing so not too concerned. If you like your local dealer then take it in by all means.

flight13 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Valencia, CA

Members don't see this ad
    This happened to me within the first couple thousand miles. Turned out the seat frame had broken and needed to be replaced. I recommend getting it replaced immediately. Seems like a safety issue to me.