Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis G90 DVD player
    Gene2 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
    I live in Glendale,AZ

Default Genesis G90 DVD player

Members don't see this ad
    Anyone figured out all the in's and out's of the DVD player?
    What USB video files can be entered and played?

Mike734 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in Seattle area

Default Re: Genesis G90 DVD player

I donít know what you mean by USB video files. I have used the DVD player to listen to a DVD-Audio disc that has 5.1 DTS Sound. In my 2006 Acura RL the surround sound was obvious and magnificent. The disc plays in my G90 but Iím not convinced itís 5.1 surround. Iím going to try a different disc, one that Iím very familiar with, and see if I can hear the separation of the channels.

In any case, you should be able to stick a standard movie DVD in there and watch the movie but only with the parking brake set.

Gene2 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
    I live in Glendale,AZ

We have monitors in the rear seat area for the grand children, yes they are OEM from factory.
    We can also play video stored on a USB drive if used in the front USB port. We can watch mp4
    video files recorded on our digital camera. Would like to know what other files can be used.
    Video in front is only in park. rear monitors play movies while car is traveling, entertains grand children.
    Will play regular DVD movies as well as audio from OEM DVD player, and USB drives. Can store videos,
    audio, and images (pictures) on the navigations hard drive thru jukebox feature.
    2018 genesis G90 ultimate.
    Last edited by Gene2; 12-07-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Mike734 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis/Equus In His/Her Dreams (Doesn't own one yet)
    I live in Seattle area

I tried three of my 5.1 DVDs, The Beatles LOVE, Stealy Dan GAUCHO and The Eagles, HOTEL CALIFORNIA. Only Hotel California will play in the G90 DVD player. The other disks will not read. I guess thereís something about the DVD player that is limited. Sucks because they sound phenomenal in my Acura. DVD-A is dead.

I live in Glendale,AZ

Members don't see this ad
    All of our music CD and DVDs play in our 2018 G90. As do the movie DVDs. The USB input to the rear monitors seems real fussy about type of file.