Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Radio Issue

Thread: Radio Issue

riknchar is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Nebraska

Default Radio Issue

Members don't see this ad
    G90 Friends: I've been experiencing an intermittent odd stereo issue, and I thought I'd see if anyone else has ran across this problem.

Basically, when I change radio stations, I occasionally get about 5 seconds into the new station, and then the last 5 seconds of audio repeats itself. It seems like this is somehow related to the Jukebox recorder built into the stereo, where it's recording all the time, and sometimes gets "twitchy" and repeats 5 seconds of music it just recorded "live."

Has anyone else experienced this anomaly? Perhaps something the software update (TSB/recall) would resolve? I haven't bothered taking my car back for that one yet -- figured I'd have the dealer do it along with the first oil change.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Mcc is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

Default Re: Radio Issue

Quote Originally Posted by riknchar View Post
    G90 Friends: I've been experiencing an intermittent odd stereo issue, and I thought I'd see if anyone else has ran across this problem.

Basically, when I change radio stations, I occasionally get about 5 seconds into the new station, and then the last 5 seconds of audio repeats itself. It seems like this is somehow related to the Jukebox recorder built into the stereo, where it's recording all the time, and sometimes gets "twitchy" and repeats 5 seconds of music it just recorded "live."

Has anyone else experienced this anomaly? Perhaps something the software update (TSB/recall) would resolve? I haven't bothered taking my car back for that one yet -- figured I'd have the dealer do it along with the first oil change.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Never had anything at all like that on my G90. You should definitely have it checked. Does it happen every time? I assume you are talking about Sirius radio.

Also it would be wise to not use the word jukebox. That is a completely different feature and it will get folks confused.

riknchar is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Nebraska

Default Re: Radio Issue

Members don't see this ad
    It actually happens on normal FM radio, not Sirius (my Sirius subscription ended last month and I haven't renewed). I guess I assumed the "Jukebox" part of our audio system was basically the Hard Drive that was constantly recording live radio so that we could rewind/replay a song if we wanted to. I know there's supposedly a way to load music to the hard drive as well, I just haven't figured out how to do that yet.

I'll have the dealer check it out next time it goes in for service...