Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Footwell Lighting 2009 Genesis 3.8 Sedan
    jokylos1 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Footwell Lighting 2009 Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Members don't see this ad
    Does anyone know if the cover on the footwell bulb(s) snap/pry off or do you have to remove trim pieces to get to the the bulb and is it a difficult procedure? Thank you in advance.

Legacy is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Charlotte

Default Re: Footwell Lighting 2009 Genesis 3.8 Sedan

If I remember correctly, they just pop out, a little prying on the long side will remove the lens. Same with the lights on the bottom of the doors, if you have them (puddle lights?) I replaced all mine with 194 LED bulbs, simple fix.
    DAD = ATM-Different spelling, same meaning!

jokylos1 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Thanks, I appreciate the information. I bet those 194 led's made a big difference. I'm thinking of going with blue colored led bulbs if I can find them.

OUsig is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2013 RSpec
    I live in McKinney TX

I replaced all of mine with LEDs and they are great. The door, footwell trunk, license plate

Volfy is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan

I replaced mine with white LEDs. Here are different color ones: https://www.amazon.com/Yorkim-Genera...013QPHI3W?th=1 Although I am not sure how they will look. There isn't a lot of brightness left after reflector off my black (dark grey?) carpet.

So you're saying because of your black carpeting the effect of brightness from the led bulb isn't much more significant than the stock bulbs?.... Because I too have black carpeting.

OUsig is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2013 RSpec
    I live in McKinney TX

replace the stock regular bulbs with LEDs and you will be happy. simple as that
    can spend $10-$20 total to replace the basic bulbs Hyundai did not put as LED then some more for the back up, fog lights, license plate and turn signals.
    2013 5.0 RSPEC
    84000 miles as of 08/2017 and new tires
    Pirelli P Zero Nero all season 245/45/19 on stock rims
    removed air intake "flaps"
    Dynomax VT mufflers

Volfy is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by jokylos1 View Post
    So you're saying because of your black carpeting the effect of brightness from the led bulb isn't much more significant than the stock bulbs?.... Because I too have black carpeting.
    I definitely prefer the brighter LEDs. I was just thinking out loud about how blue or other color LEDs would look, since the only light I see from those footwell LEDs is reflecting off the black carpets. Then again, they are inexpensive enough you can always try them out and see.

Members don't see this ad
    Oh I see. Thank you for clarifying and for your input. I appreciate it!