Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Brake Booster Pressure
    NickinSimi is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate White with Beige interior
    I live in Southern California

Default Brake Booster Pressure

Members don't see this ad
    O.K., let me say straight out that I love this car, ride handling and everything that comes with it! My issue is that when the car sits for 2 days, I lose all pressure in the brake boost system, which means that the brake pedal is very hard to push down in order to engage the switch to complete the starting process, I have never had this issue with other cars in this class of vehicle. I am putting up this post to see if anyone else has experienced this.

EdP is offline Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Default Re: Brake Booster Pressure

A couple of people have mentioned they found it hard to push the pedal too but not sure of the cause. If you can wait to the next service have the dealer check it for leaks. If it happens often, call them now. If it has happened before they would know exactly what to do.

Annoying, but when you look at the complexity of an automobile it is amazing how well they work.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by EdP View Post
    Annoying, but when you look at the complexity of an automobile it is amazing how well they work.
    Are you serious? Do you now, or have you ever, worked in the auto industry? You sound like a cheerleader for them?

Don't ever fxxk around with brake problems. Go straight to the dealer immediately.

I live in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Are you serious? Do you now, or have you ever, worked in the auto industry? You sound like a cheerleader for them?

Don't ever fxxk around with brake problems. Go straight to the dealer immediately.
    He did not say he had a brake problem. Do you know for sure it is the brakes? No, I don't work for the auto industry but have worked with many manufacturing companies for the past 55 years. Appliances, computers, heavy industrial, plastics, foundry, etc. It's been interesting.

Mcc is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

Since his car is new I think it would be best to go to the dealer and leave it there overnight if necessary so they can see the “brake” problem for themselves.

Mike734 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90
    I live in Seattle area

A completely unacceptable situation. Get it fixed. Document it. And if it happens several more times, start lemon law procedures. This is not the first report of this problem. I foresee a recall in our future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike734 View Post
    A completely unacceptable situation. Get it fixed. Document it. And if it happens several more times, start lemon law procedures. This is not the first report of this problem. I foresee a recall in our future.
    Anyone who has any kind of braking problem (or any other safety related problem) should take 3 minutes and document your complaint with the NHTSA. This is one of the ways in which they get recalls started:
    https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Don't complain to the NHTSA if you audio system does not work. It has to be safety related.

Riley2323 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

He has only said that the switch which allows the car to start is difficult to activate after the car has been sitting.

I have had this issue too and I would describe it as me being lazy and not actively engaged enough with the engine starting process, footwear, seat position or a combination of all of the above.

If you are lazy with your feet, the timing of the start button and pedal pressure gets out of whack and I have found myself pushing the button several times.

Stiff dress shoes and/or boots not angled properly on the break pedal.

Having the seat in the way back position will cause this issue too.

Good athletic driving position and paying attention to the break pedal solved my annoyances.

Not sure if this is what the OP is exactly describing, but offering it up.

- - - Updated - - -

“ Re: Brake Booster Pressure
    Annoying, but when you look at the complexity of an automobile it is amazing how well they work.”

“Are you serious? Do you now, or have you ever, worked in the auto industry? You sound like a cheerleader for them?”

Don't ever fxxk around with brake problems. Go straight to the dealer immediately.“

- - - Updated - - -

This post and reply remind me of this sketch to a tee.

NickinSimi is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G90 5.0 Ultimate White with Beige interior
    I live in Southern California

Riley2323, It has nothing to do with being lazy, all of your suggestions are not accurate in my case. I said that the brake pedal loses all pressure in the brake boost system after sitting for 2 days and that the pedal is hard to push without that stored pressure. When I start the car everything is fine and I have no issues and can drive down a steep road and all is well. I will get with the dealer and let this forum know of the outcome.

Seejay is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Houston

A long time ago when pressing on the brake pedal was not required to start the car and you had to turn a key to do so, I remember a story about someone complaining that their brake pedal vacuum depleted when they got into their car in the morning. Eventually, it was found that is was the neighbor's child playing in his car.

@NickinSimi. You probably have a vacuum leak.

I live in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Seejay View Post
    A long time ago when pressing on the brake pedal was not required to start the car and you had to turn a key to do so, I remember a story about someone complaining that their brake pedal vacuum depleted when they got into their car in the morning. Eventually, it was found that is was the neighbor's child playing in his car.

@NickinSimi. You probably have a vacuum leak.
    I was somewhat castigated for my attitude, but having owned and driven over 60 cars between my brother and I, it is not uncommon. Never had it from the neighbor kids playing though, that
    s funny. Holding vacuum or pressure for two days takes a well sealed system. I loose clamp or the tiniest leak at any connection will cause the loss but not affect normal operation. Yes, it should be checked, that is why we have a warranty but it it not indicative of imminent danger. My '53 Merc could not sit more than a couple of hours without losing assist, but with engine running it never failed in a few years of driving. Given the report of the original post, it is not panic time yet, but something that should be checked.

Members don't see this ad
    ...that is why we have a warranty
    Yes, The OP and the rest of us know about the new car warranty.

... but it it not indicative of imminent danger.
    You have no idea if that is true or not. Even if there is 1% chance that the problem with the brake during starting could be related to a braking problem while driving (like loosing vacuum pressure), I would always suggest that one take it to a dealer without delay.

My '53 Merc could not sit more than a couple of hours without losing assist, but with engine running it never failed in a few years of driving.
    It's not 1953 and we're not in Kansas anymore (except of course for those members who are in Kansas).