Hello all.

I was curious if anyone had experience with this first hand.

So long story short, my girl bought me the Genesis trunk badge for my sedan and I like it. I go to put it on, drink a beer, use floss and goof off, badge comes off but it leaves a harsh edge on there and clearly something is not right.

I take it to my friends body shop and he asks me if this was a Carmax car, which it was. Evidently they are notorious for front and rear end re-sprays and he thinks they resprayed the back and immediately put a new emblem on it so it became part of the paint.

My options are to pay him, with the homie hookup, $400 to re-do the trunk, paint and clear, or put the Genesis badge on as-is, or just put the Hyundai logo back on.

After searching all options I came across this item on Ebay and since it is a solid emblem it would essentially cover up the damage while also giving me the Genesis logo, in a sense.

So does anyone know if this badge is the same overall size as the stock Hyundai badge on the trunk of the 2013 Genesis?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/161060159628?

And here are the specs on this:

?Title : Genuine Grille,Trunk Emblem 2EA (Fit:HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE 2010 2011 2012 2013+)
?Color : Same as the Pictures
?SIZE : Front : 144mm * 72mm Rear : 144mm * 72mm
?Installation : Easy fit with 3M tape
?Composition : 2EA 1SET
?Material : Epoxy, Chrome Plating
?Made : Made in South Korea
?Condition : 100% Brand New & Unused (Quality Checked before shipping)

Here is my car with the drunken H badge removed.

_20180106_211629.jpg