Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Genesis 2010 3.8 Sedan Trunk Light Problem
    nemec4 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: NY
    I live in NY

Default Genesis 2010 3.8 Sedan Trunk Light Problem

Members don't see this ad
    I am having a trunk light problem. I am buying a used 2010 Genesis 3.8 from a Hyundai Dealer in NY. I noticed., when opening the trunk, that the trunk lights did not work. The dealer told me he had someone look at it but it might be ground issue.

After reading this forum at the dealership, I went out to the car, opened the trunk with smart key and turned on the car. The Trunk indicator DID NOT COME ON on the dash even though the trunk was open. Not sure what in the trunk would cause this other than a faulty wire not connected or latch.

I went in to tell them it appeared not to be the lights in the trunk, but a sensor probably in the trunk mechanism. Is this correct? Any help would be appreciated.

dougmcp is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 1G Genesis Sedan
    I live in Plumas Lake, CALIFORNIA

Default Re: Genesis 2010 3.8 Sedan Trunk Light Problem

Members don't see this ad
    Sounds pretty simple to me, it's a Hyundai dealer let them diagnose and fix it. Don't sign off on the car until you're satisfied.