Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Auto Wipers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Auto Wipers

  1. #16
    Mcc is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FstYota View Post
    If its adjusting to the amount of rain that hits the glass, when you have it set already on slow then its overriding it.
    No that isnít the way it works
    Intermittent - changes how often it wipes, that is the cycle time like once a second or once every five seconds
    Auto - changes how fast the wipers go from bottom to top and back down again. It sets this speed (not interval) based on how much water is on the windshield as measured by the sensor.

    These two functions work independent of one another and donít override each other. One is speed and the other is interval.


  2. #17
    EdP is offline Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcc View Post
    No that isn’t the way it works
    Intermittent - changes how often it wipes, that is the cycle time like once a second or once every five seconds
    Auto - changes how fast the wipers go from bottom to top and back down again. It sets this speed (not interval) based on how much water is on the windshield as measured by the sensor.

    These two functions work independent of one another and don’t override each other. One is speed and the other is interval.
    No, AUTO is AUTO and will change the interval
    AUTO : The rain sensor located on
    the upper end of the windshield
    glass senses the
    amount of rainfall and controls
    the wiping cycle for the
    proper interval. The more it
    rains, the faster the wiper
    operates. When the rain
    stops, the wiper stops.To
    vary the speed setting, turn
    the speed control knob (B).

  3. #18
    1FstYota is online now Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 AWD Ulimate
    I live in WA
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcc View Post
    No that isnít the way it works
    Intermittent - changes how often it wipes, that is the cycle time like once a second or once every five seconds
    Auto - changes how fast the wipers go from bottom to top and back down again. It sets this speed (not interval) based on how much water is on the windshield as measured by the sensor.

    These two functions work independent of one another and donít override each other. One is speed and the other is interval.
    We get that, but what we are saying that I am noticing that when I'm are not in AUTO, with the intermittent switch set, its not a consistent every other second or every other 3 seconds etc...

    What's happening is I'm noticing that when in intermittent and not in full AUTO mode, it will some times be wipe 2 seconds wipe then all of a suddenly its two quick wipes followed by a 4 second delay and wipe again.
    Daily - 3.8 V6 Genesis Sedan with minor cosmetic mods
    Fun car - 94 Supra Turbo (Lagzilla) Too much mods and custom stuff to list.

  4. #19
    EdP is offline Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Quote Originally Posted by 1FstYota View Post
    We get that, but what we are saying that I am noticing that when I'm are not in AUTO, with the intermittent switch set, its not a consistent every other second or every other 3 seconds etc...

    What's happening is I'm noticing that when in intermittent and not in full AUTO mode, it will some times be wipe 2 seconds wipe then all of a suddenly its two quick wipes followed by a 4 second delay and wipe again.
    Huh? If not in AUTO what position is the lever? From the manual, intermittent only works in AUTO mode. The frequency of the wipe is determined by the amount of water sensed in relationship to the intermittent setting. More or less sensitive is selectible. Worked the same way on my GM cars too.

  5. #20
    1FstYota is online now Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 AWD Ulimate
    I live in WA
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Quote Originally Posted by EdP View Post
    Huh? If not in AUTO what position is the lever? From the manual, intermittent only works in AUTO mode. The frequency of the wipe is determined by the amount of water sensed in relationship to the intermittent setting. More or less sensitive is selectible. Worked the same way on my GM cars too.
    It's the next setting down from AUTO.

  6. #21
    EdP is offline Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Quote Originally Posted by 1FstYota View Post
    It's the next setting down from AUTO.
    That would be the low setting. Mine runs constantly in that position. I'll have to check, but AFAIK the intermittent has no effect on it.
    LO : The wiper runs at a lower speed.
    HI : The wiper runs at a higher speed.

  7. #22
    1FstYota is online now Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 AWD Ulimate
    I live in WA
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Quote Originally Posted by EdP View Post
    That would be the low setting. Mine runs constantly in that position. I'll have to check, but AFAIK the intermittent has no effect on it.
    LO : The wiper runs at a lower speed.
    HI : The wiper runs at a higher speed.
    Yea, I'll check too, I'm pretty sure it should, but even then its not a consistent delay. Maybe my control stalk is jacked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    To me the logic is LO speed (up and down motion) plus intermittent setting would be a slow up and down but the frequency it wipes is changed.

    Unless Hyundai's logic is completely different.

  8. #23
    EdP is offline Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Quote Originally Posted by 1FstYota View Post
    Yea, I'll check too, I'm pretty sure it should, but even then its not a consistent delay. Maybe my control stalk is jacked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    To me the logic is LO speed (up and down motion) plus intermittent setting would be a slow up and down but the frequency it wipes is changed.

    Unless Hyundai's logic is completely different.
    Its raining right now so I checked.
    Low is low. Adjusting the intermittent switch made no changes.
    High is faster but again, steady
    Auto adjusts with the amount of rain, but I did not drive. At the rate of rain presently, the gap between wipes varied from about 3 seconds to 13 seconds. That would change it I was driving and the speed of the car changed what is hitting the windshield.

    Going back to the days before automatic sensing wipers you did have a setting as you describe. It would be like on LOW and you could adjust the gap of time between wipes and the changes is rain, speed, splashes would not alter the timing.

  9. #24
    1FstYota is online now Registered Member What I drive: 3.8 AWD Ulimate
    I live in WA
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    588
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Quote Originally Posted by EdP View Post
    Its raining right now so I checked.
    Low is low. Adjusting the intermittent switch made no changes.
    High is faster but again, steady
    Auto adjusts with the amount of rain, but I did not drive. At the rate of rain presently, the gap between wipes varied from about 3 seconds to 13 seconds. That would change it I was driving and the speed of the car changed what is hitting the windshield.

    Going back to the days before automatic sensing wipers you did have a setting as you describe. It would be like on LOW and you could adjust the gap of time between wipes and the changes is rain, speed, splashes would not alter the timing.
    Cool, thanks for clearing that up EdP.

  10. #25
    lobsenza is offline Registered Member I live in Austin, TX
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Auto Wipers

    Members don't see this ad
    I generally like they way they work. The adjustment is a sensitivity adjustment.
    2015 5.0 Ultimate, Casablanca White with Black Interior Build Date July 2014
    Options:
    Mud guards, trunk mat, rear bumper applique, wheel locks
    Customization:Automatic turn on of heated/cooled seats, Automatic raising/lowering of rear sunshade

    Other Vehicles:
    2008 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    2005 Lincoln LS V8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
MADISON ROSS MEDIA GROUP MARKETPLACE
Need products for your Hyundai Genesis? Check out these options below:


 

Check out what the competition is up to. The Kia Stinger is a large sport-oriented hatchback in the mold of the Audi A7.