Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: G80 Redesign? 2019?
    Gsxr150 is offline Hasn't posted much yet...

Default G80 Redesign? 2019?

Members don't see this ad
    When do you think we'll see a redesigned G80? Thoughts/discussion?

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: G80 Redesign? 2019?

A 2019 model would be introduced sometime this year in 2018, so I don't know, and it may be after that before they get a redesign out to market for G80. But since the current design is basically from model year 2015 introduced in 2014, then it might not be too far in the future.

One issue is that Genesis Motors desperately needs to get the two SUV's to market that have been under development for some time, and they may be too busy to get a redesigned G80 to market before that happens. Both Acura and Lexus sales are more than 50% SUV's (for Acura, way more than 50%). The new SUV from Bentley is now their best selling model. A SUV will most likely be my next vehicle.

EdP is online now Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    One issue is that Genesis Motors desperately needs to get the two SUV's to market that have been under development for some time, and they may be too busy to get a redesigned G80 to market before that happens. Both Acura and Lexus sales are more than 50% SUV's (for Acura, way more than 50%). The new SUV from Bentley is now their best selling model. A SUV will most likely be my next vehicle.
    That is my thought too. The G70 is the same style as the G80 so I don't think they are ready to outdate that very soon. SUV has to be next priority, IMO. Maybe refreshed G80 in 2020 or 2021. Even then, probably not a radical change.

Dai Uy Ted is offline Registered Member What I drive: '17 G80 Ultimate 5.0
    I live in Titusville FL

...One issue is that Genesis Motors desperately needs to get the two SUV's to market that have been under development for some time, and they may be too busy to get a redesigned G80 to market before that happens. Both Acura and Lexus sales are more than 50% SUV's (for Acura, way more than 50%). The new SUV from Bentley is now their best selling model. A SUV will most likely be my next vehicle.
    Same sales ratio with Jaguar. I couldn't wait out Genesis; bought an F-PACE to accompany my Genny.
    - Ted

Don't take yourself so seriously.
    No one else does.

cagilber is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Indiana

Technically the G80 was redesigned for 2018. I don't think we'll see anything until 2020 at the earliest.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by cagilber View Post
    Technically the G80 was redesigned for 2018. I don't think we'll see anything until 2020 at the earliest.
    2018 was a minor refresh for the G80, not exactly a new generation (which I think is what OP is asking about).

2018 was a minor refresh for the G80, not exactly a new generation (which I think is what OP is asking about).
    Yep, exactly...it's basically the same car just a couple things refreshed. I'm wondering if I lease a 2018 for 3 years, will there be more significant changes next year.

EdP is online now Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxr150 View Post
    Yep, exactly...it's basically the same car just a couple things refreshed. I'm wondering if I lease a 2018 for 3 years, will there be more significant changes next year.
    Doubt it. With the G70 due in a few months and an SUV in the works, I doubt you'll see more than a few incremental changes. They are also establishing an identity so I don't think the next generation will be a huge style difference either. I'd not be surprised to see a hybrid though.

Members don't see this ad
    Gotcha. Thanks for the posts, guys!!