Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: I'm reluctant on buying a Genesis!
    aceboy44 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Kuwait

Default I'm reluctant on buying a Genesis!

Members don't see this ad
    Nevermind, delete please
    Last edited by aceboy44; 01-22-2018 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Delete

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: I'm reluctant on buying a Genesis!

There are not a lot of people on this forum who know anything about service from Hyundai dealers in Kuwait.

As far as problems like the vibration thread that you linked to, dealers cannot fix problems that are inherent to car. Only Hyundai or Genesis Motors can address those problems by providing the dealer a fix, but sometimes those are just considered to be normal, and there is not much that can be done to existing cars.

Gene2 is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
    I live in Glendale,AZ

Mark_888
    I live in the USA, drive a 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate 5.0 RWD. Might be interesting to
    hear the differences in the Genesis sold their as compared to one sold here in the USA.
    Haven't had any problems with vibration in mine, But think the new G90 might be a lot
    different from the 1G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene2 View Post
    Mark_888
    I live in the USA, drive a 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate 5.0 RWD. Might be interesting to
    hear the differences in the Genesis sold their as compared to one sold here in the USA.
    Haven't had any problems with vibration in mine, But think the new G90 might be a lot
    different from the 1G.
    I personally don't recall anyone posting about vibration problems on the G90, but the OP linked to a vibration discussion on the Genesis 2G or G80, not the Genesis 1G (he has since deleted his post). The OP mentioned it, not me. My 1G Genesis V6 has no vibration problems whatsoever.

I just pointed out that when problems occur that appear to be design problems (like engine/transmission vibration, and also like the rattling panoramic sunroof), I personally don't blame the dealer for not being able to fix it.

In the past, the Genesis and Equus models sold in the Middle East were similar to the Korean version. Warranties are always based on local laws and marketing decisions.

aceboy44 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!
    I live in Kuwait

I was quoted a price of 17,000 KWD ($56,563.88 USD) at the dealer before discount. What comes with the offer is the following:

1) 5 years complimentary door-to-door service (if my car will be held for more than 24 hours then they will provide me with a Genesis courtesy car.)
    2) 5 years road assisstance
    3) 5 years Warranty on the vehicle.
    4) 5 years free navigation update from the purchase date.

Despite all of this I don't trust Hyundai cars (I have owned Jap/German cars so I'm not sure how the quality of Genesis cars would be.)

Quote Originally Posted by aceboy44 View Post
    I was quoted a price of 17,000 KWD ($56,563.88 USD) at the dealer before discount. What comes with the offer is the following:

1) 5 years complimentary door-to-door service (if my car will be held for more than 24 hours then they will provide me with a Genesis courtesy car.)
    2) 5 years road assisstance
    3) 5 years Warranty on the vehicle.
    4) 5 years free navigation update from the purchase date.

Despite all of this I don't trust Hyundai cars (I have owned Jap/German cars so I'm not sure how the quality of Genesis cars would be.)
    There is no way to compare prices in Kuwait vs the USA. and the warranty and service level terms are different (as determined by the local distributor/importer).

As far as reliability, it should not make much difference during the warranty period, but you can check statistical based studies done in the USA of customer complaints on the various makes (such as Consumer Reports or JD Power -- use your web browser). I certainly would not want to own a German car out of warranty, as they are almost universally considered to be a money pit.

EdP is online now Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Quote Originally Posted by aceboy44 View Post
    I may have agreed with you 15 years ago but not now. I've been driving Hyundai/Genesis cars for the last 12 years. The reason I'm sticking with them is the impressive quality. I've owned 26 cars from GM and the Germans, not have been this good with quality. If I hit the lottery tomorrow, my choice of cars would be a G90. But, its your money . . .

edward301 is offline Registered Member What I drive: G90 Ultimate

Members don't see this ad
    I will also admit, Hyundai's quality has been very good on their large cars. My brother has had 4 Genesis cars, and has been very
    pleased with them, and no one is more nit picky than he is. I have had 4 Equus cars, and they have been great, my most recent
    a 2015 Equus Ultimate that has been trouble free ( never been to the dealer ). Just today I purchased a G90 Ultimate only because
    my four Equus cars were so good. A few months ago I goofed and purchased a MB S550 4 matic, which started having electrical
    grimlins right from the start, they are great cars, but they need to see the dealer quite often, which is not for me.

By the way I most likely never would have purchased a Hyundai, but my brother convinced me to drive an Equus, which I did, the
    rest is history.