Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Missing features from G90...previous owners of other Lux sedans, do you miss them?

Default Missing features from G90...previous owners of other Lux sedans, do you miss them?

Members don't see this ad
    I'm deadset on purchasing a 2017 G90 in two years when they start rolling off leases, but I'm curious about two missing features I feel are important, though not important enough for me to buy anything else:

Those of you who have had massaging seats...do you miss them? Or were they a distraction while driving/extravagance you never used?

For the 2017 model without rear seat entertainment, for those of you with children who have owned vehicles that DID have a rear seat system, do you miss having it? My kids are still really young but even the two year old loves her screen time, and that's a life saver on long drives. Tablets are annoying because when they're young, all they want to do is touch the screen which minimizes the show they're watching, pauses it or opens other programs, etc. Hence, my enthusiasm for these systems.

These are really the only two that matter to me, but I'm sure there are others that matter to other owners and prospective buyers. What are the features the G90 lacks that you wish future models will include?

raynicolini is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Toronto, Canada

Default Re: Missing features from G90...previous owners of other Lux sedans, do you miss them

Regarding a tablet if it's an Ipad you can activate "guided access" that locks the screen on whatever App screen you want and that it requires password to switch screens

Default Re: Missing features from G90...previous owners of other Lux sedans, do you miss them

I’m targeting an off-lease G90, you think I have money for an ipad 😂

Goaterguy is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: No Genesis Yet!

on Android, MX player has a child lock feature. The issue with vehicle entertainment features is that they age horribly. My brother's 2013 Grand Cherokee Limited player looks like it is from the 90's.

waveman is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 G90 3.3T AWD
    I live in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Goaterguy View Post
    on Android, MX player has a child lock feature. The issue with vehicle entertainment features is that they age horribly. My brother's 2013 Grand Cherokee Limited player looks like it is from the 90's.
    That's one of the advantages of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto — their UIs and feature sets can improve over time without any changes to the car's infotainment system. Unfortunately, the G90 doesn't support either, wired or wireless.

Gene2 is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
    I live in Glendale,AZ

The massaging seats were just a waste of money, and good for the company to hype.
    When the children are a little older they want to play games on trips, We can only watch movies.
    Still good for younger children. Our grandchildren think it is cool to watch where we are at and
    where we are going. Talk about back seat drivers.
    The feature I miss the most is the touch screen. Yes we have a touch screen, but only in the one
    type of search. Would be nice for all features

GODZUKIHOP is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis G90

When is touch screen enabled?

waveman is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 G90 3.3T AWD
    I live in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by GODZUKIHOP View Post
    Touch-sensitive areas are outlined in green and labeled with an icon and "Touch Area" (see screenshot from the DIS-nav manual.) I don't know why Genesis limits this, since most of the screen is capable of responding to touch during a free text search. I always use Google voice to search, but it would be helpful to use touch for other functions.

Touch Area.jpg

Gene2 is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
    I live in Glendale,AZ

The touch screen works during the free text search.

Quote Originally Posted by GODZUKIHOP View Post

Riley2323 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 G90 Ultimate, Caspian Black
    I live in Connecticut

Unbelievable! Who knew! Over a year and I never knew this. I vaguely remember the dealer telling me it was and trying to demo and then changed his mind on it being touch.

I do like not having the fingerprints!

mellkowal is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: white on beige
    I live in Paradise Valley, AZ

I miss being able to close the trunk lid using the remote key. Wonder why this feature not available since the trunk can be closed from within the car with the trunk switch?

Mcc is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by mellkowal View Post
    I miss being able to close the trunk lid using the remote key. Wonder why this feature not available since the trunk can be closed from within the car with the trunk switch?
    Again liability I am guessing. If you were in the car you can see who is near the truck. However if you’re away from the car you could potentially close the trunk remotely on somebody. I can’t think of any case where I would need to close the trunk and I was not either inside or right in back but that’s just me. Not a feature I need.