Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Car rental during servicing
    Shawn_Dlima is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Atlanta GA

Default Car rental during servicing

Members don't see this ad
    Hey everyone,

Just had a quick question, my G80 is due for its first service in two weeks and i was wondering if they provide a rental for the day free of cost or do you have pay? On the Genesis website, it states $30 per day.

Thanks

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

Default Re: Car rental during servicing

If you have a G80 you should be getting concierge service, where they pickup your car, and drop it off again when done. Some dealers will provide loaner cars at the dealership instead, so ask them about that. If you really need a loaner, and they balk at that, I would tell them you would accept a Hyundai loaner. Call Genesis customer service if you have any problems.

Mcc is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    If you have a G80 you should be getting concierge service, where they pickup your car, and drop it off again when done. Some dealers will provide loaner cars at the dealership instead, so ask them about that. If you really need a loaner, and they balk at that, I would tell them you would accept a Hyundai loaner. Call Genesis customer service if you have any problems.
    My concierge service came and picked up my car AND dropped off a Genesis loaner at no cost. They didnít balk at it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcc View Post
    My concierge service came and picked up my car AND dropped off a Genesis loaner at no cost. They didn’t balk at it at all.
    Right. Personally, I would want to minimize anyone driving my car (especially some low paid kid that is likely to do that), so unless it was totally inconvenient I would rather drop it off and get a loaner at the dealer.

But regardless, it is not always possible to get the same model loaner as one is bringing in for service, depending on how many other cars are being serviced using the concierge service that day. So in most cases I would be satisfied with any decent loaner they give me, if it were only for one or two days.

There have been reports on this forum that some Genesis dealers do not honor the concierge service agreement if they were not the selling dealer, even though they are supposed to honor it. That is another reason why I might want to offer to bring the car in for service if they give me any decent loaner for free (even if not a Genesis).

Mcc is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
    I live in Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_888 View Post
    Right. Personally, I would want to minimize anyone driving my car (especially some low paid kid that is likely to do that), so unless it was totally inconvenient I would rather drop it off and get a loaner at the dealer.

But regardless, it is not always possible to get the same model loaner as one is bringing in for service, depending on how many other cars are being serviced using the concierge service that day. So in most cases I would be satisfied with any decent loaner they give me, if it were only for one or two days.

There have been reports on this forum that some Genesis dealers do not honor the concierge service agreement if they were not the selling dealer, even though they are supposed to honor it. That is another reason why I might want to offer to bring the car in for service if they give me any decent loaner for free (even if not a Genesis).
    Sure itís always good as you suggest to set your sights as low as possible. The fellow who dropped off my loaner was a regular adult. I didnít ask him what his salary was. But letís keep propagating the stereotype that itís some low paid kid. After all that is how it was years ago. And you keep repeating that. Couldnít have changed even though the car is now $70k and there is a lot more liability on the part of the dealer involved.
    If you make the appointment enough ahead of time there is a good chance they will have the appropriate loaner for you. If you donít mention you need a loaner or just drop in, you are likely to be disappointed. Of course it depends a lot on hw diligent your dealer is.

Sure itís always good as you suggest to set your sights as low as possible. The fellow who dropped off my loaner was a regular adult. I didnít ask him what his salary was. But letís keep propagating the stereotype that itís some low paid kid. After all that is how it was years ago. And you keep repeating that. Couldnít have changed even though the car is now $70k and there is a lot more liability on the part of the dealer involved.
    If you make the appointment enough ahead of time there is a good chance they will have the appropriate loaner for you. If you donít mention you need a loaner or just drop in, you are likely to be disappointed. Of course it depends a lot on hw diligent your dealer is.
    The dealer would not be a good business person if the guy who provides concierge service pickup and delivery is making a lot more than minimum wage, but I can't predict who every single dealer will hire for that job. But I would not even want the GM of the dealership to drive my car (if that makes you feel better).

As I said, I personally would not care if I got a Genesis loaner or not (if I were a G80 or G90 owner, which I am not). I have had to drive a lot of rental cars in my career as a traveling consultant or manager for major corporations to get upset about having to drive a regular car for one or two days. If it added up to a lot of days, then I bought the wrong car.

Actually, I have leaned quite a lot about autos due to my career that required me to drive a lot rentals on business trips.

EdP is online now Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Sure it’s always good as you suggest to set your sights as low as possible. The fellow who dropped off my loaner was a regular adult. I didn’t ask him what his salary was. But let’s keep propagating the stereotype that it’s some low paid kid. After all that is how it was years ago. And you keep repeating that. Couldn’t have changed even though the car is now $70k and there is a lot more liability on the part of the dealer involved.
    Both types do exist
    My neighbor retired and over the years he drove just about every type of vehicle on and off the road. He retired and worked part time for the local Chevy dealer. I'd trust him to drive my car even if it was a top Rolls or Lambo.

My grandson worked for a Subaru dealer. He drove cars to and from auctions, dealer swaps, but I don't know if he drove customer cars. He borrowed my GPS for one trip. He did not know the GPS also stored the highest speed until reset. When it came back it registered 123 mph. He was eventually fired after one trip. He was never allowed to drive my car unless I was in it. He was low paid too, but liked to drive so would work for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by EdP View Post
    Both types do exist
    My neighbor retired and over the years he drove just about every type of vehicle on and off the road. He retired and worked part time for the local Chevy dealer. I'd trust him to drive my car even if it was a top Rolls or Lambo.

My grandson worked for a Subaru dealer. He drove cars to and from auctions, dealer swaps, but I don't know if he drove customer cars. He borrowed my GPS for one trip. He did not know the GPS also stored the highest speed until reset. When it came back it registered 123 mph. He was eventually fired after one trip. He was never allowed to drive my car unless I was in it. He was low paid too, but liked to drive so would work for cheap.
    Yes, both types exist. But I know the second kind do exist to at least some extent, and I am not a gambling man, unless the potential payback is very large.

Shawn_Dlima is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Atlanta GA

Thank you, I just prefer driving it myself to the dealership since it gives me a chance to talk to the service adviser face to face. Is there is a mileage limit to the concierge service? I live about 45-50 miles away from the dealership in Atlanta.

EdP is online now Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_Dlima View Post
    Thank you, I just prefer driving it myself to the dealership since it gives me a chance to talk to the service adviser face to face. Is there is a mileage limit to the concierge service? I live about 45-50 miles away from the dealership in Atlanta.
    My dealer is 50 miles. He says "no problem" but I've not needed service yet.