Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Need help with headlights
    christian38 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
    I live in alabama
    Default Need help with headlights

Members don't see this ad
    So I think it's time for some new headlights. I found some online and I was looking at what model of Genesis coupe it fits on. It says it won't fit HID headlights. I have a 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 and I'm not sure what type of headlights I have. Do I have Halogen or HID?

These are the headlights
    Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 8.18.12 PM.jpg

and these are the models that works with the headlights (my car is on the list but it says if it has HIDs then it won't work)
    Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 8.18.46 PM.jpg

Final question, say I do have HIDs, could I buy this adapter to make it work?
    Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 8.21.14 PM.jpg

Do 2010 Gensis coupe 3.8s usually come with Halogen or HIDs? I have the Original headlights still on.
    For reference this is my car

CanukV6 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Beamsville Ontario
    Default Re: Need help with headlights

Members don't see this ad
    Wrong forum. This is the Sedan site. Try posting here:
    1st: 2009 3.8 V6, Cabernet/Cashmere, with Tech Package. Returned at Lease End. 119,750km (74,850 miles).
    2nd: 2012 3.8 V6, Twilight Blue Pearl/Cashmere, with Tech Package. Returned at Lease End. 105,000km (65,625 miles).
    Current: 2015 3.8 V6 HTRAC Casablanca White/Beige Two-Tone, with Luxury Package.