Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Anyone else disappointed with the navigation app?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Starflyer is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80 Sport '18
    I live in Seattle WA

Default Re: Anyone else disappointed with the navigation app?

Members don't see this ad
    Would love to see Waze appear on dashboard screen via Apple Play. Is that possible?

Windchaser is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T AWD
    I live in Illinois

No. Best you can do is pipe the audio from Waze through the speakers,

tissle is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: '18 G80 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Starflyer View Post
    Would love to see Waze appear on dashboard screen via Apple Play. Is that possible?
    Apple CarPlay is trash. Switch to Android Auto

Spanky61 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 2017 Genesis G80 Casablanca White
    I live in NM

Nav is just fine, what are you comparing it to?

lt2211 is offline Sustaining Member What I drive: 2018 G80 AWD 3.8 Ultimate, Victoria Black/Ivory
    I live in Rockton, Illinois 61072

Quote Originally Posted by Aquineas View Post
    I think one of the more annoying things I've had mine do is route me off a highway or expressway only to get me right back on. I think the end-game will be Waze over AA or CarPlay. It would have the benefits of not needing to for map updates while taking into account updated traffic.
    That has happened to me also. Although WAZE requires Android Auto and a cable from the phone, to the car and it takes a bit to set up, it is excellent. At first I was concerned, as WAZE directions are not displayed on the Head Up display, in reality, the directions are displayed on the driver side of the navigation screen, in very large letters and are very easy to see, at a quick glance. The system is integrated with your choice of streaming music service, which makes a nice package. WAZE relies on reports from other users and in my experience is the only true live traffic update, GPS program. I have used Acura Link and Sirus XM traffic and found them both seriously lacking, to the point they cause more problems then they help.

Johnboy2k10 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2018 Genesis G80 Sport - Mallorca Blue
    I live in Spruce Grove, AB

Members don't see this ad
    While I would much rather have access to google maps through Apple CarPlay (hands down), Apple Maps has come a long way from its sketchy beginnings. I'd say I use it 75% of the time over the built in nav. I use the built in for longer trips, but the Apple for shorter city trips.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12