Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Questions for G80 Sport Owners
    allan is online now Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate

Default Questions for G80 Sport Owners

Members don't see this ad
    Hi. I have a 2016 G80 and am very happy with it. However, I have to admit the 2018 sport is drawing my attention. A couple of questions please:

• I know the advantages - what, if any, are the disadvantages (what am I giving up -- other than having to use premium gas)?
    • My G80 will not sync the phonebook on my Galaxy S9 (or the S7, which I had previously). Does anyone have a newer Galaxy phone and know whether the phonebook will upload?
    • On my previous car the headlights came on with the windshield wipers (which, in NJ, is the law). The G80 does not. Does the new sport?
    • What don't I know about the Sport that only someone who's owned it would know?

Sorry for the somewhat silly questions and I appreciate any input.

tissle is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: '18 G80 Sport

Default Re: Questions for G80 Sport Owners

I know the advantages - what, if any, are the disadvantages (what am I giving up -- other than having to use premium gas)?
    My G80 will not sync the phonebook on my Galaxy S9 (or the S7, which I had previously). Does anyone have a newer Galaxy phone and know whether the phonebook will upload?
    On my previous car the headlights came on with the windshield wipers (which, in NJ, is the law). The G80 does not. Does the new sport?
    What don't I know about the Sport that only someone who's owned it would know?
    1) You can use regular gas.
    2) I have a Galaxy S9 and use Android Auto and it's amazing for dialing (w/ Google Assistant), music, navigation.
    3) I set my headlight to Auto so I'm not sure.....
    4) The tires that come with it (Continental Pro Contact) are terrible. I had to get two of it replaced already.

EdP is online now Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Quote Originally Posted by tissle View Post
    1)
    3) I set my headlight to Auto so I'm not sure.....
    No, they do not go on with the wipers. I've mentioned that in every survey and forum since my first Sonata. Many states require light with wipers and it is not a big deal to program it in. I had that feature on a car I had 17 years ago and would expect it on a luxury car.

Thanks guys. Just came from the dealer and think I'm going to do the trade.

Windchaser is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T AWD
    I live in Illinois

I don't think you will be disappointed.

G80guy is online now Been here awhile... What I drive: 2018 G80 Sport AWD Black
    I live in Northeast

I love my G80 AWD Sport! One of the best cars I've ever owned.
    My other toy: 2015 Corvette Z06

larrymg1 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2018 Genesis G80 Sport 3.3T RWD
    I live in South Carolina

I had a 2105 Genesis with 18000 miles that I just traded in 10 days ago for a G80 Sport RWD. I loved my 2015 and I am enjoying my Sport even more.
    My only concern is all the negative comments about the performance of the Continental Pro Contacts. Would have thought Genesis learned after the fiasco with the tire recall on my 2015. Good luck with your new ride.
    Carolina Guy
    2018 Genesis G80 Sport 3.3T RWD Casablanca White/Black w/Copper Stitching. Window tint, Genesis license plate frame, Rear bumper applique, Door handle pocket applique , Mud guards, Wheel locks.

Don't worry about what other people say - it's your opinion that matters. On forums you mostly see only negative comments.

Just picked up the Sport yesterday (Polar Ice). Thanks for the input

tissle is online now Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: '18 G80 Sport

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Just picked up the Sport yesterday (Polar Ice). Thanks for the input
    That's the same color I got