Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Lease coming to end
    dudmleh522 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2.0T Turbo Coupe

Default Lease coming to end

Members don't see this ad
    I have 2015 genesis awd model. Been making payments of $382/month for a lease annual allowed mileage at 12,000. Right now i have 50,000 miles on car so 14,000 miles over. If i turn her in i will be paying $0.20/mile. I really love the car but at the same time we need a bigger car. Right now this genesis is the biggest car we have. Wife drives 2016 accent which is paid off. We are either want to lease 2018 santa fe 3.3 (7 seater) or buy the genesis. Problem buying her is dealer wants $27,000. They said i can extend my lease up to 6 month and still pay same monthly $ and if i end up buying her the money will go towards final price.

Please give me your opinions what will be a wise move. How are the new santa fe?

EdP is online now Supporting Member What I drive: G80 AWD Ultimate Adriatic Blue
    I live in CT

Default Re: Lease coming to end

Quote Originally Posted by dudmleh522 View Post
    I have 2015 genesis awd model. Been making payments of $382/month for a lease annual allowed mileage at 12,000. Right now i have 50,000 miles on car so 14,000 miles over. If i turn her in i will be paying $0.20/mile. I really love the car but at the same time we need a bigger car. Right now this genesis is the biggest car we have. Wife drives 2016 accent which is paid off. We are either want to lease 2018 santa fe 3.3 (7 seater) or buy the genesis. Problem buying her is dealer wants $27,000. They said i can extend my lease up to 6 month and still pay same monthly $ and if i end up buying her the money will go towards final price.

Please give me your opinions what will be a wise move. How are the new santa fe?
    I leased a car knowing I was going over the miles and planned to buy it. Had that car for 16 years and was a decent deal. Dealer said he would pay off the excess if I bought a new car. Maybe you can work a deal if he wants to move a new car.

waz is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Western North Cackalacky

I.m in the same boat, but my '15 is due next February. I would like to buy the car as well, but the numbers aren't there.

A 2015 Genesis Sedan, even an Ultimate, isn't worth $27k. More like $23 or so.

Hyundai inflated the residual on leases to move more cars.

Use the fact that you want a Santa Fe as leverage to reduce the $2800 milage penalty with the Hyundai.

Dealers just want to sell cars, and they'll generally work w/ you to sell one.

Definitely time to bail on the sedan; and w/ your milage per year, I would buy rather than lease the next one.
    Currently drive/ride: 2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate (Pamplona Red/Gray), 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT (Gray/Saddle), 1959 Ford F100 (rust/mouse turds), 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250, 1978 Kawasaki KZ 650

dudmleh522 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2.0T Turbo Coupe

Thanks for the input. Any thoughts of the new santa fe 3.3? I meaning moving from luxury sedan to a crossover sub

dareckibmw is online now Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8 Sedan
    I live in Romeoville, IL

My wife is on hers 3rd Santa Fe...started with '10 2.4L then traded for '14 3.3L then '17 3.3L fully loaded. She absolutely love the car. Reliable? YES ..... those cars have seen dealers only for an oil change, nothing else.
    I'm pretty sure your wife will love it.

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 Empire State Gray (fastest color ever)
    2016 Hyundai Veloster 1.6L Turbo (Daughter's car)
    2017 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L AWD Ultimate (Wife's car)
    2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Titanium Gray Metallic (fastest color Rspec) (sold)
    1999 BMW 540i/6 (sold)

Actually car will be for me wife likes her little accent lol. I drive the gen right now and maybe move on to the santa fe

kn5owa is offline Sustaining Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 5.0 V8

Watch out for bogus fees when turning a lease in --- processing fees, paper preparation, fake damage fees, termination fee, etc
    Drives '17 Nissan Altima V6
    2015 Genesis 5.0 V8
    Montecito Blue

MNgen is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Minneapolis

I rented a Santa fe on a recent business trip. Looks nice but a large step down in comfort and drivability compared to the Genesis. You may want to rent one and drive it for a couple days before buying one.

batmanmiami1 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: 2015 genesis Ultimate
    I live in miami fl

3yr lease? = $13,752 (lease) + $2,800 ( over mileage) $27,000 (asking price) taxes other- BS-$1,500 (min) you'll be driving a '15 Gen with 50k mi for $45,052

4yr lease? = $18,336 (lease) + $2,800 (over mileage) $27,000 (asking price) taxes - other BS -$1,500(min) you'll be driving a '15 G with 50k mi for $49,636

I just picked up a '15 Ultimate 3.8 in S.Fl 3 months ago for $25,000 + taxes. Trade in value is between 20-22K (at best) and dealer prices & trade-ins are going down every week. If it were me I think I'd start with a fresh ride.

LA Genesis is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Members don't see this ad
    I wanted to point out that the 2019 Santa Fe models will be completely redone both inside and out. If you buy an 18 Santa Fe make sure you take that into account. The 18 Santa Fe prices should drop significantly in the next 90 days.
    2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate RWD
    Ibiza Blue/Ivory Interior

Former owner of 2012 Genesis Premium/Tech