Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Get rid of Whoosh sound after K&N Filter
    sharkme2 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)

Default Get rid of Whoosh sound after K&N Filter

Members don't see this ad
    Hello,

Recently bought a used 2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T Coupe.
    The car has a noticeable "Whoosh" sound when releasing the throttle under heavy load. I'm trying to completely get rid of this.
    Previous owner mentioned that they had installed a K&N cold air filter and also removed a related component (i think a connector or similar that was upstream).

Could someone please advise on:
    1. What is actually causing that whoosh sound ?
    2. What is the cheapest way to get rid of it ?
    3. What might be the name of the upstream component that was removed ? Is this the reason for the "Whoosh" ?

Thanks!

Default Re: Get rid of Whoosh sound after K&N Filter

Sounds like the previous owner removed the BOV recirculation hose. Basically a common but useless mod turbo guys will do to hear the BOV vent excess boost when releasing the throttle (which I've been guilty of doing!). Sounds sort of "cool" but is of no performance benefit whatsoever. Provided the snub on the intake was properly blocked off, this won't harm anything. If you want to get rid of it, see if they kept the hose or you can make your own hose to "reconnect" the BOV to the intake...or go to a dealership and buy a new one.
    Last edited by Genesis Device; 04-14-2018 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Typo

sharkme2 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)

Default Re: Get rid of Whoosh sound after K&N Filter

Members don't see this ad
    Thanks for the info.
    I don't know which one is the BOV recirculation hose, so I can't tell if it has been removed. Tried searching but didn't find anything.
    Any way you can tell if it is missing on my car from the pics below ?
    Also, I suspect that the Intake silencer has also been removed, what seems to be known as "intake silencer delete". Any idea where to get the stock silencer from ?