Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Protective Film
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protective Film

gameday22 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Florida

Default Re: Protective Film

Members don't see this ad
    I didn't have the hood done but did get the bumper, fenders, both mirrors, rocker panels, headlights and fog lights fully protected, plus they put a strip along the lip of the rear bumper where you would load stuff into the trunk.

I'm glad I had the headlights done..was going down the highway and heard something hit the car body at a high speed, didn't know where it hit at the time but noticed a long line in the Armour on the left headlight, after a day in the FL sun the line just disappeared/self healed. The protection from love bugs alone makes it well worth the money and enhances the resale value of your car.

Had mine done locally for $425, 3M Armour kit with 5 year warranty.
    2013 3.8L Sedan, Titanium Grey Metallic, Tech + Premium, Wing Package, 40% Llumar low reflection tint, K&N Air Filter.

rjchristensen is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate

Have a clear bra installed on my 2015 Genesis 3.8 AWD Ultimate package.
    I have it installed on all my toys.
    Works great and will never wear away the paint like a bra..
    I did:
    full front bumper
    full hood
    full fenders
    windshield pillars
    roof above the windshield
    door handle cups
    door edges
    Side view mirrors
    Basically anywhere there could be the possibility of a rock chipping the paint.
    Installed $1000

G530 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

can anyone recommend professional clear bra installation for orange county or LA area in southern california? TIA

dg_moore is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Maryland

I had a full front Ventureshield wrap (front end, hood, fenders, mirror backs) done on my 2010 when it was new. It worked really well, but after 7 years was getting very spiderwebby so I removed it (not the easiest job in the world). Upon removal I could see that the film had yellowed a bit (not noticeable on my black car, but might have been if the car had been a lighter color). I'm pleased to report that the paint under the film was completely flawless - it looks brand new. I'm glad I got the film, but don't plan to reapply it. I don't drive much any more, and the car is in the garage most of the time and still looks new.
    Before you criticize somebody, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you criticize him you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
    Black/Black 2010 3.8 Premium w/Nav. 3M Ventureshield full front wrap, rebadged, KAI wood steering wheel, 35% tint all around, Hexomat floor and trunk mats, KAPA 'B' pillar covers, Bridgestone Serenity's

Lord Humunculous is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis V6 HTRAC
    I live in Texas

holy necrobump of a necrobump! let me assists! glad to hear it looks good, that says the install was proper. I need to get my front end done... bumper, fenders, full hood, mirrors, lower doors front, redo of the dealer installed partial rocker (pathetic job Humble Hyundai!), and handle cups. Not as critical in TX, but I am moving to CO, so yeah, GOT to have it done prior to that point. I am fortunate enough to have ZERO dings so far, but I am one of those guys that drops everyone off at the door then parks half a mile away taking up 2 spots. Additionally I treat my paint like the Arc, so it's well protected, but the only real barrier is a good clear bra.
    2016 V6 Ultimate AWD Montecito/Ivory

BARRYW is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis G80
    I live in Delaware

Members don't see this ad
    I had standard 3M on 3 Lexus vehicles and Expel on the fourth. Liked it and it keeps the value up on luxury cars. Any chips, dings, and they will hit you hard on trade in value. On my new G 80 I used a product called Sun Tek. Talked to two different installers and they stated it was the best on the market. Easier to install as it stretches better and had the entire front end done and tucked, and the backs of the mirrors. Did a good job. Whether the seam shows is dependent on the color of your car. My G 80 is Patagonia Blue and if you did know it was on there I doubt you would see it. On black and some other dark colors it is more noticeable. I stay away from dealer install and use a highly recommended installer, who deals mainly in high end vehicles. Was doing a Mercedes AMG and a Nissan GT when I brought my car in for install.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12