Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Protective Film
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protective Film

alphagen is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2016 Equus
    I live in Atlanta, Georgia

Default Protective Film

Members don't see this ad
    3M (& others) make a protective clear film that is applied on the bumper, hood, door handles to protect from scratches. Does anyone have any experience or opinions about the product?
    AlphaGen
    2012 Genesis 3.8
    black/cashmere

TJPark01 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in Hollywood, CA

Default Re: Protective Film

Quote Originally Posted by alphagen View Post
    3M (& others) make a protective clear film that is applied on the bumper, hood, door handles to protect from scratches. Does anyone have any experience or opinions about the product?
    Some people accept chips and scratches as part of doing business. I have the clearbra (venturesheild) on my BMW but not the Genesis. The bumper on the Genesis has many nicks but the hood is flawless. The bra is worth it if you plan on keeping the car a long time and you are a bit neurotic about keeping it clean and chip free. However, it's not cheap and the installer has to be very good or else it can look totally ridiculous.
    4.6 Platinum Metallic/Black

upsbroke is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Kansas

My estimate for 3M was $699 plus $123 for headlights, $58 to tuck the edges and another 18% if I wanted Nanofusion used instead of 3M. Sorry- too much money for my blood.

alphagen is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2016 Equus
    I live in Atlanta, Georgia

the quotes I have are $275 for the bumper (tucked). 24 inches of the hood, fenders, back of mirrors and door handle cups another $350. I have a black car so that is why I was considering it. Appreciate your feedback/opinions. I do plan on keeping the car for a while.

genesis35 is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

I had 3m film to front end,hood, mirrors, and door edges.
    Cost $500 in St Louis, Mo. Looks great.

drjay9051 is offline Getting familiar with the group... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan

Don't you see seams in the film.. On a black car I would think dirt would be very visible at a seam or end of film. How do they (installers) deal with hood emblems??

QuantumRift is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in SE Arizona

Had it on a black Sonata, and if you take a little bit extra time and a q-tip you can eliminate that 'seam'.

For the Genesis, I was quoted $550 for the full protective film.

"When he drives a new car off the lot, it appreciates in value."

2012 Genesis 3.8L V6, 333 HP
    Pearl White, Cashmere interior
    Premium & Tech packages
    K&N Air Filter
    Rebadged
    Xpel headlight protection
    NAV-TV VIM kit
    LED conversion of courtesy, glove box, trunk, and license plate lights

stars9texashockey is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    I live in San Antonio, TX

I have it on my 2009 Infiniti G37 coupe and love it. Paid around $600 in San Antonio and thought it was a good investment as this car will be my son's college graduation present in 2013. Haven't yet sprung for the Genesis.

AshleyTayla is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 2.0T Turbo Coupe
    I live in Northern NY

I purchased my 2010 used and it already had the 3M on the front bumper, mirrors, and doors. Yesterday, a friend crushed a curb in my car and I brought it to the shop today for an estimate. The body shop I went to loves me & will put in a claim for not only my bumper/primer/paint, but also the 3M protective film. The issue will be finding a shop in my area that applies the film. The shop I got the estimate from doesn't currently offer it & didn't know of anyone who did. I'm traveling to Boston next week and am sure I can find somewhere in that area that will not only accept my insurance but handle the work, I'm just not sure how I go about doing this. Anyone know how to find shops that are familiar with the application process?

EXBMWGUY is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    I live in Twin Cities, Minnesota

I have the VentureShield and I like it. This is such a high-margin item for dealers that you can usually negotiate a reduction. I paid $499 for bumper, partial hood and extension down fenders, mirrors and four door edges.

The Q-Tip and a little patience and the seam is not that noticeable. There are some people who will express condolences that somebody "keyed" your car, however. That happened on my BMW a couple of times, and before I told them what it really was, asked, "did you see how straight the scratch was?"
    2012 R-Spec, Black, Tinted, Wings - Rear, Wheels, Steering Wheel.

gameday22 is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Florida

I didn't have the hood done but did get the bumper, fenders, both mirrors, rocker panels, headlights and fog lights fully protected, plus they put a strip along the lip of the rear bumper where you would load stuff into the trunk.

I'm glad I had the headlights done..was going down the highway and heard something hit the car body at a high speed, didn't know where it hit at the time but noticed a long line in the Armour on the left headlight, after a day in the FL sun the line just disappeared/self healed. The protection from love bugs alone makes it well worth the money and enhances the resale value of your car.

Had mine done locally for $425, 3M Armour kit with 5 year warranty.
    2013 3.8L Sedan, Titanium Grey Metallic, Tech + Premium, Wing Package, 40% Llumar low reflection tint, K&N Air Filter.

rjchristensen is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Ultimate

Have a clear bra installed on my 2015 Genesis 3.8 AWD Ultimate package.
    I have it installed on all my toys.
    Works great and will never wear away the paint like a bra..
    I did:
    full front bumper
    full hood
    full fenders
    windshield pillars
    roof above the windshield
    door handle cups
    door edges
    Side view mirrors
    Basically anywhere there could be the possibility of a rock chipping the paint.
    Installed $1000

G530 is offline Registered Member What I drive: 2G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan

can anyone recommend professional clear bra installation for orange county or LA area in southern california? TIA

dg_moore is offline Been here awhile... What I drive: Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Maryland

I had a full front Ventureshield wrap (front end, hood, fenders, mirror backs) done on my 2010 when it was new. It worked really well, but after 7 years was getting very spiderwebby so I removed it (not the easiest job in the world). Upon removal I could see that the film had yellowed a bit (not noticeable on my black car, but might have been if the car had been a lighter color). I'm pleased to report that the paint under the film was completely flawless - it looks brand new. I'm glad I got the film, but don't plan to reapply it. I don't drive much any more, and the car is in the garage most of the time and still looks new.
    Before you criticize somebody, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you criticize him you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
    Black/Black 2010 3.8 Premium w/Nav. 3M Ventureshield full front wrap, rebadged, KAI wood steering wheel, 35% tint all around, Hexomat floor and trunk mats, KAPA 'B' pillar covers, Bridgestone Serenity's

Lord Humunculous is offline Supporting Member What I drive: 2G Genesis V6 HTRAC
    I live in Texas

Members don't see this ad
    holy necrobump of a necrobump! let me assists! glad to hear it looks good, that says the install was proper. I need to get my front end done... bumper, fenders, full hood, mirrors, lower doors front, redo of the dealer installed partial rocker (pathetic job Humble Hyundai!), and handle cups. Not as critical in TX, but I am moving to CO, so yeah, GOT to have it done prior to that point. I am fortunate enough to have ZERO dings so far, but I am one of those guys that drops everyone off at the door then parks half a mile away taking up 2 spots. Additionally I treat my paint like the Arc, so it's well protected, but the only real barrier is a good clear bra.
    2016 V6 Ultimate AWD Montecito/Ivory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast