Sign up to remove ads. We'd love to have you amongst our ranks! Just click the Register button below!

genesis motors forum   genesis motors forums

Direct Links: Genesis Motors Brand | Genesis G70 | Genesis G80 | Genesis G90 | Genesis Sedan | Genesis Coupe | Equus
Genesis Forum: Fuel spillage during fill-up?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PMCErnie is offline Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    I live in Richmond, VA
    Cars in my garage

Default Re: Fuel spillage during fill-up?

Members don't see this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by CamarilloBrillo View Post
    Completely anecdotal of course but I've filled every car I've owned over 30 years with the "3 stop fill up" method and never damaged a single car.
    Yeah, I know about good luck. I worked in NYC for 30 years and was only robbed once.

Very bad idea to smoke while fueling too, but you see it all too often. You also see people returning to the comfort of their cars while fueling and then risking static ignition of gas vapors when their clothes cause a spark as they exit the car.
    2012 Cabernet Red Pearl & Cashmere
    3.8 V-6 with Premium Pkg only

Mods/Accessories: Trunk wings, wheel cap wings, chrome side trim, illuminated door sills, mud guards, all-weather winter floor mats and trunk cargo mat. Llumar Air Blue 80 ceramic tint. Custom-made left foot rest/dead pedal.

- 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T AWD

Magoomba is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Equus Signature
    I live in Bridgewater, MA
    Cars in my garage

It's back...

Last 3 fill-ups, I have fuel burping out after the handle pops. It's not from topping off, either, as it happens right away when the handle pops. I've tried pumping slowly and it doesn't make any difference. Like I stated in my original post, it's as if the air has to burp itself out and it's pushing fuel back up and out.

The worst part about it is the rancid smell of fuel that lingers afterward. If I fuel up on the way home, my garage smells terribly well into the next day.

The car otherwise continues to deliver as promised. 12,000 happy miles.

Mark_888 is online now Registered Member What I drive: 1G Genesis 3.8 V6 Sedan
    Cars in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMCErnie View Post
    Yeah, I know about good luck. I worked in NYC for 30 years and was only robbed once.
    Is that considered "good" in NYC? Yikes!

Dicko is offline Registered Member What I drive: Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec Sedan
    Cars in my garage

I only have trouble every time I fill up. No matter what you do it won't fill up on even the first notch on the autofill. You have to hold it up or pull back the rubber. This is at every station I have gone to since I bought the car.

koomenator is offline Hasn't posted much yet... What I drive: Genesis 4.6 V8 Tau Sedan
    Cars in my garage

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to add that I have this same issue.
    I took car to the dealer and they Diag that the charcoal canister and the valve associate with the charcoal canister needed (and were replaced).
    ~$600 later and still having the issue. :P
    Now it's time to revisit the dealer for answers.

edward301 is offline Registered Member What I drive: Equus Ultimate
    Cars in my garage

Members don't see this ad
    I have had 4 Equus cars and none have had this issue. I always put pump on auto fill and at fastest rate. Is you car parked on level ground. That is only thing I can think of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12