2020 model for G70 In korea comes with 12.3 inch 3D LCD screen and smart trunk

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So does the virtual cockpit delete the HUD?
Also is it like the NA Golf R that the Maps can only be on one screen at a time and not like the Audi with both screens at the same time?
Initially I liked the idea of the virtual cockpit and was looking into getting the A4 and the local VW was giving me a hell of a deal on the Golf R.
But in the end of the day, I feel like it will end up looking like Windows XP after 5 years of use. Unless they keep updating the graphics on it to make it look fresh every year or so.
Plus I would hate to have a delay in it getting up and running during a -20 Celcius cold start!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Another pic, for me when I look at this I feel like I just said "Warp speed ahead!"
Looks nifty for a couple of minutes, but a lot of distraction, IMO. When I look at the dash I want information, not fancy graphics. Of course, many of us old farts probably think that way and the G70 is to appeal to the younger drivers. I still wear an analog watch too.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
According to a Korean poster, offered as an option only on the 3.3T.

If that's the case, wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar here for the 2020MY (including in the higher level trims).

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
According to a Korean poster, offered as an option only on the 3.3T.

If that's the case, wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar here for the 2020MY (including in the higher level trims).
That's what I could see happening too.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Looks nifty for a couple of minutes, but a lot of distraction, IMO. When I look at the dash I want information, not fancy graphics. Of course, many of us old farts probably think that way and the G70 is to appeal to the younger drivers. I still wear an analog watch too.
I'm with you I like high tech stuff but this appears to be a little too much. However I'll hold my final thoughts until I see up front and personal. FYI I have an analog watch as well. :thumbsup:

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm with you I like high tech stuff but this appears to be a little too much. However I'll hold my final thoughts until I see up front and personal. FYI I have an analog watch as well. :thumbsup:
Yeah it might look better in person. I wouldn't find it distracting, but I'm not saying I would use that particular one everyday. They have one that looks more traditional. I love tech too, almost everything in my house is smart and connected and controlled by voice (lights, locks, plugs, air conditioning, TVs, etc) and I can't do the analog watch anymore. Got to go with the smartwatch lol.

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Most digital instrument panels I've seen have a fairly garish, eye-catching mode to grab your attention but also several alternatives that are more understated and functional. The good ones are really darn nice, with lots of customizability and a wealth of information. Most also have a mode that lets you display the tach, speedo, or both as a fairly conventional round display with needle. Even if you opt for that, though, there are usually additional features you can have elsewhere on the display. I like them a lot, actually. But as conventional analog displays go, the G70's is pretty nice. And you can display some additional information between the two dials. Yeah, I'd prefer the nicer versions of the fully digital displays I've seen, but not enough to influence a purchase decision one way or another.

Every car is a choice. Pretty much every car lacks some features that some other car has. It's a matter of getting the best combination of features for a particular driver's needs and wants. Getting everything cool from every individual car out there, all in one vehicle, just isn't possible. Genesis offers a pretty appealing combination of features. If only the cars were more widely available!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Holy crap that looks like a damn arcade machine!
So cheesy. Doesn't look like it would age well!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The new digital instrument cluster in video. Looks very sharp

Fortunately there are options. The screen with the red bars would make me not buy the car if it was the only view available. I imagine it would appeal to the young drivers that are gamers.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Fortunately there are options. The screen with the red bars would make me not buy the car if it was the only view available. I imagine it would appeal to the young drivers that are gamers.
It also could also be different for the US. Culturally, that may be something they would like over there.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I personally think I have seen better virtual instruments in other cars, but at least it looks like you have a few options for how it looks. I do like the power open and close trunk though.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I personally think I have seen better virtual instruments in other cars, but at least it looks like you have a few options for how it looks. I do like the power open and close trunk though.
Yeah the trunk power close is nice to have.

steelers84

Registered Member
This is a tough one. In order to keep my car on the road passed March, I need to put about ~2k into it. However, I hate the idea of buying a car and knowing that new features are coming. Hopefully we have more info on this early next year.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.