8 fastest depreciating cars in America

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
^ I've noted that a number of times, but even when brand new, the A8 has never been a big seller.

It's best sales total was 6,300 (2013) and typically sells somewhere btwn 3k and 5k (dropping into the 1k for the last year or 2 of its life-cycle).

I sold my MB S Class and bought a 2018 G 90 Ultimate. I have owned MB's continuously since 1968 and can assure you that they depreciate as though they are in an elevator shaft. Many were AMG's or SL's and the depreciation is frightening. Don't get me started as to why I gave up the ghost on MB;s.
You may have seen my post in another thread I started but I also just got a G90 Ultimate to replace my S Class. I would be very interested in your impressions of the G90 versus the S Class. I should point out that in my case, my S Class was the 2013 W221 series where possibly yours was the newer W222 series?

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
You may have seen my post in another thread I started but I also just got a G90 Ultimate to replace my S Class. I would be very interested in your impressions of the G90 versus the S Class. I should point out that in my case, my S Class was the 2013 W221 series where possibly yours was the newer W222 series?
i have owned both a 221 and a 222 S class. I prefer the G90 over both of them. The 221 started to develop many problems as it aged ; rear air conditioner , front control arms suspension, front struts and many more small problems, The 222 was the first model year and had a myriad of electronic problems that continued through the warranty period. the G90 in my opinion has a better ride quality and sound isolation than the S class. The paint finish does top the S class since it does not have as much orange peel as the MB's. The interior in the Genesis is better in some aspects and lagging in others ; I particularly do not care for the material used on the bottom of the door panels but the back seat in the G90 knocks the socks off of the S class that appears to be plain in comparison.
I will withhold judgement completely since I have only owned the car for a few months but so far so good. A final comment; a similarly equipped S class would be in the $115,000 price range ( a mere $40,000 + difference)

Thank you for this feedback and I am very encouraged by the comparisons you made to the W222 S Class. My 2013 was good but it would have been out of CPO warranty this month and it would have been only a matter of time before I would need to spend on it. I did look at a CPO W222 but they are about $60,000 for a 2015 and that would have only given me one more year of OEM warrenty plus another year from Mercedes CPO program. Any further years on the CPO program were additional expense.

Like you, so far I love the G90 and rides better and is quieter than my S Class. I have started to try the different ride settings in the individual mode but so far I am not detecting much of a difference between the extremes of Sport and Comfort plus. Are you able to detect a difference?

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
Thank you for this feedback and I am very encouraged by the comparisons you made to the W222 S Class. My 2013 was good but it would have been out of CPO warranty this month and it would have been only a matter of time before I would need to spend on it. I did look at a CPO W222 but they are about $60,000 for a 2015 and that would have only given me one more year of OEM warrenty plus another year from Mercedes CPO program. Any further years on the CPO program were additional expense.

Like you, so far I love the G90 and rides better and is quieter than my S Class. I have started to try the different ride settings in the individual mode but so far I am not detecting much of a difference between the extremes of Sport and Comfort plus. Are you able to detect a difference?
I do notice that the sport mode provides a little firmer ride and it also provides for a “snappier” shift. It is my preferred mode.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.