A surprise gift from Genesis!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Maybe it's a sport thing? I didn't get a sport.
I didn't get the Sport but did not get the gift card. I figure a gift is a gift so I appreciate anything they send. Every Hyundai car I bought got me a little something, like a trunk organizer or frozen food carrier.

I bought a bunch of General Motors cars and never even got a pack of chewing gum.

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I received my Echo Dot today. A day after I received my permenant tags. A very thoughtful gesture that, in my opinion, should be presented when you take delivery of the car. The connectivity information holds little value 4 weeks after ownership. By then you should be connected and familier with the services. I welcome a “promo card” in the near future.

Attachments

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I received my Echo Dot today. A day after I received my permenant tags. A very thoughtful gesture that, in my opinion, should be presented when you take delivery of the car. The connectivity information holds little value 4 weeks after ownership. By then you should be connected and familier with the services. I welcome a “promo card” in the near future.
I thought it had more value and impact later. At the time of delivery it is too much like the salesman just gave you something from his desk. This is a thank you from corporate that, aside from people here, is unexpected.

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I thought it had more value and impact later. At the time of delivery it is too much like the salesman just gave you something from his desk. This is a thank you from corporate that, aside from people here, is unexpected.
I see your point of view. It’s nice getting a delivery.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm wondering if the gift card is only for first time Genesis buyers? I am and the card that came with the gift card says "Enclosed is a small token of our appreciation for becoming part of the Genesis family."

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I'm wondering if the gift card is only for first time Genesis buyers? I am and the card that came with the gift card says "Enclosed is a small token of our appreciation for becoming part of the Genesis family."
I doubt it. The gift giving thing to owners has been sporadic and inconsistent going all the way back to first Hyundai Genesis in 2009. It appears to be just a lack of competence on the part of the marketing people. They probably don't realize that a lot of owners are on this forum and pretty much know who got what and when.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I doubt it. The gift giving thing to owners has been sporadic and inconsistent going all the way back to first Hyundai Genesis in 2009. It appears to be just a lack of competence on the part of the marketing people. They probably don't realize that a lot of owners are on this forum and pretty much know who got what and when.
I have to disagree. It's a gift, not a contract. I don't really care what others got, but appreciate a gift given to me. I often give gifts "just because" with no regard to value or equality, but as a token of appreciation. If your sister got a better birthday present than you would that make your parents incompetent?

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have to disagree. It's a gift, not a contract. I don't really care what others got, but appreciate a gift given to me. I often give gifts "just because" with no regard to value or equality, but as a token of appreciation. If your sister got a better birthday present than you would that make your parents incompetent?
In theory that is correct, but when everyone knows what everyone else got (or didn't get), that creates a problem. People get upset about those things, even if the gifts are junk.

I am not claiming that everyone cares about that stuff, but many do, and once you starting giving away $100 gift cards, it would be best if they made sure everyone got one.

Carson3

Hasn't posted much yet...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I bought my car in March. I received the Echo Dot about a month or so after that. I did not get a gift card. I also didn't get any gifts prior to purchasing the car.
Same with me.
Won't be using the Dot due to privacy and security concerns. Not sure what to do with it.
Related question - Did you get the two letters in the fancy packaging that talked about the valet service and the connected services? Thought these were a little odd, unnecessary and a waste of resources. Seems like letter #2 clarified the valet proximity issue and was inadvertently left out of letter #1. I appreciate the intent behind all this, but does not inspire confidence that they understand their customers.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Won't be using the Dot due to privacy and security concerns. Not sure what to do with it.
Related question - Did you get the two letters in the fancy packaging that talked about the valet service and the connected services? Thought these were a little odd, unnecessary and a waste of resources. .
I already had a Dot so I gave it away and made someone else happy.

The letters are just positive reinforcement that you made a good decision to buy a Genesis. Yes, it is somewhat a waste of resources as is the packaging for the Dot. They want to show that luxury image.

Sugrat

Registered Member
SoCal
Those who got gifts...was this your only gift from Genesis? Meaning did you get something for a prior purchase? I got a gift card for my 2015 but nothing for my 2018.
I got a pen for my 2015 Genesis but nothing for my G80 Ultimate...

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
The Dot gift is sort of cool, but it stinks that you have to pay even more $$$ to use it the way the letter mentions since "Remote" access isn't free.

miwa

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
CPO gets nothing... not even a thank you card ... :whistle: I guess they figure that you got the steal of a deal already .. what more do ya want...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.