Another shitty dealership

Andr3Stacks

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I saw that article yesterday and had no clue it was a forum member, that's crazy.

The comments are ridiculous though. The two people involved (you and the dealership) both agree this was a problem and hence the employee was fired. Why is everyone else chiming in?

The fact that most of the comments are saying 'the joyride wasn't THAT bad' really shows how idiotic they are. The point is he went on a ride without a service related reason, which just should not happen, end of story. It only adds insult to injury that he clearly rode out the gears when cold and had zero concern or respect for your car. f$%k him.

Oh and that comment by 'therealist', oh man.

I'm getting upset on your behalf. I know others are saying pursue this but I personally think you should just put this to bed. He was fired. If there's no lasting damage to your car then I would just save the energy and move on. Not worth your time.
Yup. It wasn't THAT bad (not as bad as it could have been, I actually agree), but that's not the point. I'm starting to think it's maybe getting a bit out of hand. Some of the comments are so irritating. People bashing the brand, the car, and me (even though I feel like I did nothing wrong. Maybe I did idk). I never gave CarScoops any info like that. I was PISSED OFF so I shared my exp on this forum, FB, and reddit. Now ppl are resharing, arguing, and leaving bad reviews on a dealership that they never personally dealt with.

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yup. It wasn't THAT bad (not as bad as it could have been, I actually agree), but that's not the point. I'm starting to think it's maybe getting a bit out of hand. Some of the comments are so irritating. People bashing the brand, the car, and me (even though I feel like I did nothing wrong. Maybe I did idk). I never gave CarScoops any info like that. I was PISSED OFF so I shared my exp on this forum, FB, and reddit. Now ppl are resharing, arguing, and leaving bad reviews on a dealership that they never personally dealt with.
Meh, that's the world we live in.

What he did was wrong. You did what was appropriate and told the dealer and shared your experience. Anything that follows isn't on you.

People are always going to say shit. I just try to remember that people with actual lives don't go commenting and bashing other people on a news article/social media, especially when it's something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.

It's usually the losers. And if you engage with people like that I think you're doing yourself a disservice. They're not worth your time.

I do agree that it's getting out of hand and maybe it's time to just put this behind you and ignore it. You got the result you wanted and everything else doesn't really concern you, or at least it shouldn't.

Andr3Stacks

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Meh, that's the world we live in.

What he did was wrong. You did what was appropriate and told the dealer and shared your experience. Anything that follows isn't on you.

People are always going to say shit. I just try to remember that people with actual lives don't go commenting and bashing other people on a news article/social media, especially when it's something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.

It's usually the losers. And if you engage with people like that I think you're doing yourself a disservice. They're not worth your time.

I do agree that it's getting out of hand and maybe it's time to just put this behind you and ignore it. You got the result you wanted and everything else doesn't really concern you, or at least it shouldn't.
Just makes me wonder if that TheRealist dude is here. Just weird seeing a alleged G70 owner bashing like that because everyone here and FB group have been very nice, respectful, and helpful. Will I ever go as fast as a 3.3? Prob not. Am I happy with the car regardless and is it fast enough for me? Yes. Like...sorry my car is not as nice as yours...? I guess...?

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
He just sounds like a miserable *****. Never seen someone bash a different trim of their own car. He probably test drove a g70 but ended up buying a civic and is clinging onto any scenario where he can pretend he owns the car.

Or maybe he's bitter about buying a car he can't afford and is forced to live in his parent's basement? We will never know.

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I agree with Bhavie, the guy was fired so no need to pursue any further.
Even be aware of your surroundings when you go out and about now, two idiots got fired from that place and they may not take that lightly.
Anyhow, be safe out there.

Backslack

Registered Member
Most of the people commenting on sites like Carscoops or Reddit are benchracing teenagers, so to them how that tech floored the car is what they think is "normal driving."

I wouldn't get too hung up over it. If the bad reviews keep coming in from people who have never dealt with that dealership, you might want to consider just deleting the video or asking Carscoops to take the article down.

Nd1017

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh man thanks for validating my worst fear when handing the keys over. Totally validates my paranoia cause first thing I did was install a dashcam when I got the car. First thing I do when I get the car back is watch a quick playback of dashcam footage.

You're totally justified to be livid!

KarmaPolice

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I believe TheRealist "owns" a G70 about as much as I believe that other guy lost traction and crashed due to a "brake deficiency".

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Update:
The employee was not fired. Service manager lied to me. Most likely to get me to shut up. He was probably just written up and given a warning.
Well hopefully he learns from it, we've all done stupid things. And I'm sure your car is fine.

Just don't go to the dealer anymore unless you really have to. Since my dealership is no longer part of Genesis, I just do my own oil changes.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The dealership was probably afraid to fire him for obvious reasons. Lawsuit happy and someone will claim foul that they were being picked on. Dealership would have been better off just stating it was a personnel issue that was being worked.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
Nothing to do with Genesis;

Years ago, I traded my 2003 Mercury Marauder at a Lincoln/Mercury dealer for a newer Lincoln. (Marauders were high performance cars). A few days later, I returned to dealer for a small warranty job. One of the employees asked me “did you hear about the Marauder you traded in”? Said a young employee took it out, spun a few donuts, lost control and drove car up telephone pole guide wires and flipped car. Totaled. Assume guy got fired.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners