Bluelink vs genesis app

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I spoke to Genesis and Hyundai they said the app will be intermittent (up and down) until tomorrow. Genesis are having Blue Link server problems the same problem with the Hyundai. Both systems are linked and it is a country wide problem until tomorrow.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Updated the app again a few minutes ago. Still "server" errors and wont connect. I actually called them today and they said just wait until tomorrow as most of their servers are down.
I uninstalled and then reinstalled. Works now.

What I don't like, it stays running. I have to take a couple of steps to stop it. No good reason for that, IMO.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I uninstalled and then reinstalled. Works now.

What I don't like, it stays running. I have to take a couple of steps to stop it. No good reason for that, IMO.
I like that it stays running. Uses no resource and it’s easy to use the functions. Why wouldn’t you want it to be persistent?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I like that it stays running. Uses no resource and it’s easy to use the functions. Why wouldn’t you want it to be persistent?
Once the car is started I have no use for it. Probably won't use it again until the next day or two. If the weather is mild, I can go a couple of weeks not using it.

If you use it a few times a day, I can see it may be handy. Make it an option in settings.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Once the car is started I have no use for it. Probably won't use it again until the next day or two. If the weather is mild, I can go a couple of weeks not using it.

If you use it a few times a day, I can see it may be handy. Make it an option in settings.
But what is the downside of having it running? I must be missing something.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You can logout, turn off notifications, or uncheck the leave logged in on the sign-in screen. No battery use and you can also turn off running in the back ground.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I woke up this morning and hit the start button and got another error message. Tried twice with no luck. Got ready for work and tried one more time and it worked.

Sounds like they still have issues out there.

I'm using Bluelink with 2015.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I woke up this morning and hit the start button and got another error message. Tried twice with no luck. Got ready for work and tried one more time and it worked.

Sounds like they still have issues out there.

I'm using Bluelink with 2015.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling. That got mine to work.

rbwillnj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Didn’t work a moment ago but works fine now.
Genesis sent out an updated app the next day, but I found that I had to delete the app from my iPhone than install it again from the App Store. Works fine on my iPhone now..

Thread starter #37

dudmleh522

Getting familiar with the group...
Anyone have problem with calander not being in right time zone for genesis app? I live in arizona where there is no day light savings the genesis app will be hour behind giving me alerts for my schedule

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Anyone have problem with calander not being in right time zone for genesis app? I live in arizona where there is no day light savings the genesis app will be hour behind giving me alerts for my schedule
It’s ok for me in LA but I can see it is a problem for you.
My biggest issue is when I delete a meeting in my calendar that had other attendees, Genesis never deletes it from their calendar even though it doesn’t exist anywhere else. I have to wait until the meeting time goes by to get it off the app’s front page.

Second biggest issue for me is the Apple Watch rarely works to show the status.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I sure wish the car start feature would also give option to turn on the REAR defroster. Last few mornings I've started my car early, I couldn't see anything out the back window due to it being frozen over with frost. Front window was nice and clear of course.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.