• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Driver Area Size

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've so far tested 5 vehicles: G70, G80, G90, Stinger, and K900. I couldn't even remotely try to get into the G70, that just wasn't happening. The G80 and G90 seemed exactly the same, it was tightish around the hips and I always bumped my head on the doorway. I also had no chance getting in the stinger, my head kept hitting at neck level with the top of the door and that just wasn't happening.

The K900 actually felt pretty good, it seemed roomier than all the others, still bumped my head a bit, but felt overall the most comfortable. Might look into that model a bit more
This makes me curious. How does everyone get in/out of their cars? I stick one leg in and then drop my ass into the seat before swinging in the trailing leg/shoulder

bdizzle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This makes me curious. How does everyone get in/out of their cars? I stick one leg in and then drop my ass into the seat before swinging in the trailing leg/shoulder
Doing that simply had the top of the door frame hit me in the neck. Otherwise just sit down backwards and rotate both legs in.

Staple

Hasn't posted much yet...
Southwest, OH
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
For all the tall G70 drivers, how are you positioned relative to the B pillar? I've been in a Geni-Coupe 3.8 GT for 6 years and have been absolutely spoiled with the seat all the way back and having no problem with visibility to my left side. I'm 6'3" 220lbs and when I test drove the G70, the B pillar was in front of my head. Is this a common issue for sedans and taller folk?

Thanks!

-Staple

Draco-REX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
For all the tall G70 drivers, how are you positioned relative to the B pillar? I've been in a Geni-Coupe 3.8 GT for 6 years and have been absolutely spoiled with the seat all the way back and having no problem with visibility to my left side. I'm 6'3" 220lbs and when I test drove the G70, the B pillar was in front of my head. Is this a common issue for sedans and taller folk?

Thanks!

-Staple
Very common. By positioning the b-pillar directly next to the driver, it will provide more protection to the driver in the event of a side impact. As crash ratings have become more and more strict, manufacturers have started making design changes like this. Other changes are higher belt lines, thicker A-pillars, and even Audi's "flinching" suspensions.

I went from only having owned 2-door cars to having 4-doors cars also. It takes a little adjustment, but it's not that bad. It's rare that you need to see something directly to your side; you'll learn to lean forward slightly, and your blind spots are behind you.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Thanks!

-Staple
Like the Giulia.

Staple

Hasn't posted much yet...
Southwest, OH
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Very common. By positioning the b-pillar directly next to the driver, it will provide more protection to the driver in the event of a side impact. As crash ratings have become more and more strict, manufacturers have started making design changes like this. Other changes are higher belt lines, thicker A-pillars, and even Audi's "flinching" suspensions.

I went from only having owned 2-door cars to having 4-doors cars also. It takes a little adjustment, but it's not that bad. It's rare that you need to see something directly to your side; you'll learn to lean forward slightly, and your blind spots are behind you.
I can see that being helpful during side impact. My concern is with the seat fully back and the seatback reclined for comfort, the B pillar is no longer aligned with my body/head. I suppose I could get used to it or keep my fingers crossed that they consider a coupe version :).

-Staple