Genesis Samsung Galaxy Watch

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So is the app available on Android and does it work in Canada? Can't find it in the app store.

I'm looking at buying the Galaxy watch but am undecided given the price. This may very well tip the scale as it would be quite useful.
Not available in the galaxy app store. Must be exclusive to Korea.

dynot

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
From the press release: "This all-new app adds to the innovative digital experience already available to Genesis owners, with Amazon Alexa integration and the MyGenesisUSA.com website. "

Combined with the fact that I can't find it in the Android app store this sounds like its for the U.S. only. I hope someone proves me wrong.
I would agree...since it’s a Genesis USA announcement.

dynot

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't think that even getting a hold of the APK file and installing it would work since we would have to log in to our account.

Very disappointing that Genesis does this. I understand that there are different safety laws and regulations that can prevent implementation of some features in one market but this has the same functionality as our phone app. Sounds like this is not a legal or technical issue,

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

G-74132

How do you install the app on the watch? I can't find a separate app for the watch. Installed Genesis Assistant on phone. Nothing on watch.

Terdbath

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same here. Would like to try out the watch feature but have tried several times to find it. Even emailed support for the Android version of the Genesis Intelligent Assistant and no response.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Same here. Would like to try out the watch feature but have tried several times to find it. Even emailed support for the Android version of the Genesis Intelligent Assistant and no response.

You went wrong when you emailed support (if you meant Genesis support). Give them a call. Not saying they will have an answer but at least you will get something.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

I think it's on the Samsung Galaxy Store, not the google play store.

Last edited:

Terdbath

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I looked up the Genesis Intelligent Assistant App in the Play store and found the Contact us email and used that since the app says its compatible with the watch. That was Monday.
Gen Intel.jpg

cmw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I'm guessing this is a custom, "Watch Face," for the Galaxy Watch. You can customize watch faces with a tool kit. I have a G90 2020 and a Galaxy 3 watch. There is nothing in either the Samsung store or Google Play, other than Genesis app for phone. I do have Genesis notification set up on my watch which is just a message from the Genesis application synced to watch.

cmw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Apparently I need Wear OS application from Google which is not compatible with the Tizen Operating System on my Samsung watch :mad:

cmw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
How do you install the app on the watch? I can't find a separate app for the watch. Installed Genesis Assistant on phone. Nothing on watch.
You have to have a Google OS watch and Wear OS application from Google Play Store on your phone as well as MyGenesis application on phone.

cmw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
So if you have a Samsung smartwatch, you can't use it?

That's correct. Samsung has a Tizen Operating System and the Genesis watch app needs Android OS

JohnRa

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I created a Tizen version of the watch for my Samsung Gear S2 Classic. I emailed Genesis and filled out all the paperwork to try to get rights to deploy it for Google Play and Android. They seemed excited about the prospect initially, but it's been radio silence since I submitted everything. I put my watch in developer mode so that I could run my design on it.

cmw

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I created a Tizen version of the watch for my Samsung Gear S2 Classic. I emailed Genesis and filled out all the paperwork to try to get rights to deploy it for Google Play and Android. They seemed excited about the prospect initially, but it's been radio silence since I submitted everything. I put my watch in developer mode so that I could run my design on it.

Can you get your custom Tizen watch application to work with the Genesis app that is on the Android phone?

No Samsung to date: Genesis Apple Watch and Android Wear apps with Intelligent Assistant

Last edited:

JohnRa

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

BCF

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think it's on the Samsung Galaxy Store, not the google play store.

I have a normal Galaxy Watch (not a special Genesis branded one), there does not appear to be a Genesis Connected Services / Genesis Intelligent Assistant app pr integration in the Galaxy store nore the google play store.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums