Get the map updated - cheaper / easier now

rroyce46

Hasn't posted much yet...
Calgary Canada
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Ok new development on Navi display since lastest Navi update. When I start the car in the dark garage it thinks it's night time & the Navi background is black. After driving in the bright sunshine it sometimes goes to normal lighting after driving a few kilometers.Today I drove 3 kilometers & it stayed dark. After restart parking in the sun it went to normal. Wondering if this is just a coincidence & the light sensor for the Navi is just dirty. Anyone know where the sensor is or experienced this?

One other thing. Since the upgrade & can't figure out out to cancel a destination before trip completion ? Anyone go any ideas or am I just suffering a brain fart @ 74?

astrix

Ok new development on Navi display since lastest Navi update. When I start the car in the dark garage it thinks it's night time & the Navi background is black. After driving in the bright sunshine it sometimes goes to normal lighting after driving a few kilometers.Today I drove 3 kilometers & it stayed dark. After restart parking in the sun it went to normal. Wondering if this is just a coincidence & the light sensor for the Navi is just dirty. Anyone know where the sensor is or experienced this?
I have been noticing the same issue. In the pitch dark environment, it keeps it daylight. It's not sensor as the brightness goes down but the background doesn't change. There's also much reduced hysteresys when going underpass and much higher one when coming out. There are also many route calculation bugs and many more incorrect map points and speed limits compared to previous version. For example, many times I have to click and reclick on toll road option to be able to use it. Else it takes me all around streets. The previous version was more refined product.

Still only 12 radio stations and no easier way to scroll thru HD radio stations.

PeriSoft

Registered Member
Just got the SD from mapnsoft and did the install. Went off perfectly; when I was done it remembered my phone and nav settings, even! The nav screen speed seems faster than before if anything (which I was a bit concerned about with an update to a 2015). Haven't driven the car yet so not sure about details like routing and dim/bright displays, but so far so good!

benji

Hasn't posted much yet...
I ordered my SD from mapnsoft whatever the issue was during that moment in time, it did not duplicate when I returned to the website a couple days later.

bufub

Registered Member
Northern VA
Read it carefully. It says $25 for media. It says nothing about the cost of loading the map onto that media yet. You pay an extra 25 bucks for the SD card.
I gave up on keeping the Genesis maps updated. I think proprietary auto maker mapping solutions are an obsolete concept and keeping them current is a fools errand, AND I then have to pay Sirius/XM extra for traffic info to populate the route. I have a great mount for my Galaxy S10+ and run Google Maps with bluetooth audio. Perfect solution, always updated and traffic info is real time.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis G80

bufub

Registered Member
Northern VA
I like using Android Auto but only good while I am in Canada.In U.S data cost is prohibited so I use Factory Navi &/or a Garmin.
Map traffic updates are down in the data "noise". I have a 3 GB family plan and I've never seen it impact my monthly bill one bit. Besides, you can always download offline maps for dicey reception areas while at home on wifi.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis G80
Besides, you can always download offline maps for dicey reception areas while at home on wifi.
That is the trick. I've only got a 2gb plan, but after downloading the maps to my phone over wifi, the data usage doesn't even show up on the usage graph.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis G80

skipgen

Registered Member
You forgot to mention the startup routine every time you get in the car:
  1. Take phone out of your pocket
  2. plug in phone
  3. place in mount
  4. start up map app
maybe perfect for you but too much work for me
LOL... 1st World Problems! Too much work for me as well...

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums