Hidden Settings - Anyone knows more details?

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Very interesting! Thank you for the details. I noticed there was an option in the menu for rear monitors too. These were offered for EU market along with adjustable rear seats... I wish they offered it for US market too.....

yeah I saw that too, and some other rear seat options like USB charging and playback to rear screens or some such I don't recall.,

it makes me believe that MAYBE the wiring might be in the car and if one could source the parts for the rear infotainment, one might be able to activate them without dealing with a dealer.

I think it is $h1T that North America doesn't have the rear seat options that other countries got. bad move on Genesis part IMO:

1544120745764.png

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
yeah I saw that too, and some other rear seat options like USB charging and playback to rear screens or some such I don't recall.,

it makes me believe that MAYBE the wiring might be in the car and if one could source the parts for the rear infotainment, one might be able to activate them without dealing with a dealer.

I think it is $h1T that North America doesn't have the rear seat options that other countries got. bad move on Genesis part IMO:

View attachment 17008
I'm guessing it so hit a price market, rather than load it up full and try and sell an 80 Genesis vs 55k when it was new in 15.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm guessing it so hit a price market, rather than load it up full and try and sell an 80 Genesis vs 55k when it was new in 15.
maybe, but if manufacturers would go back to allowing customers to picking options instead of this all or nothing behavior that is become the norm, then we can choose to pay more if we want to.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Good move on Genesis part IMO. Our lifestyles differ though. If they had them as an option, fine, but I have no use for them so why pay for it? The rare times I have someone in the back seat we have conversation so no need for a screen.
I like having a lot of goodies that I use. Too many goodies that I'd never use would drive the price up, possibly to a point I'd walk away to another brand.

If it could be a dealer installed option it could be a nice money maker for them.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Good move on Genesis part IMO. Our lifestyles differ though. If they had them as an option, fine, but I have no use for them so why pay for it? The rare times I have someone in the back seat we have conversation so no need for a screen.
I like having a lot of goodies that I use. Too many goodies that I'd never use would drive the price up, possibly to a point I'd walk away to another brand.

If it could be a dealer installed option it could be a nice money maker for them.

that's why options should be selectable instead of this all or none crap all manufacturers have been doing since the early 2000s

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
that's why options should be selectable instead of this all or none crap all manufacturers have been doing since the early 2000s
Besides the extended waiting time for a custom car, I don’t think you can match the price of a model with just two levels of options

SuperKing

Registered Member
Vancouver, BC
It should always be on. Do you have HD stations in your vicinity?
There are HD stations, I pick them up in my other car but not with the Genesis. I can't remember if it was the Canadian models that don't have it or maybe it was the Ultimate trim that didn't have it. Wanted to see if it was something that I could just turn on in the hidden settings like on the 1G.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
There are HD stations, I pick them up in my other car but not with the Genesis. I can't remember if it was the Canadian models that don't have it or maybe it was the Ultimate trim that didn't have it. Wanted to see if it was something that I could just turn on in the hidden settings like on the 1G.
I have in on both mine with Ultimate. The HD is right on the screen when available.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

View attachment 17008
G90 has it. I agree as well but I don't spend anytime in the back seat. Of course, if they had I might spend some time back thee and let the wife chauffeur me around.:hillarious:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Isn't rear monitor the option to heve rear camera on while driving?
The G70 manual states it and one of the earlier international G70 release video shows it and it was one of the first things I wanted to try out and noticed it wasn't available. But the manual shows that it is an option if equipped.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The G70 manual states it and one of the earlier international G70 release video shows it and it was one of the first things I wanted to try out and noticed it wasn't available. But the manual shows that it is an option if equipped.
Could be. Maybe I will see if it works that way.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

so rear monitor is for the rear entertainment system.

after selecting it I found this in the settings on my car:

file-2.jpeg

So IF the wiring is there and IF one could source the Korean parts for the Monitors and the controls on the rear console, in theory one could activate the feature oneself via the hidden menus.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
so rear monitor is for the rear entertainment system.

after selecting it I found this in the settings on my car:

View attachment 17035

So IF the wiring is there and IF one could source the Korean parts for the Monitors and the controls on the rear console, in theory one could activate the feature oneself via the hidden menus.
Hmm....steering wheel mode? like normal/sport/comfort? would that be possible to set it up from there?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.