Hyundai dealers try to sue Genesis from opening stand-alone facilities.... again

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Looks like the dealer lawsuits were successful enough to at least halt the Keystone incentive program for six months. We won't be seeing those standalone facilities for a while.

Genesis is losing the battle with their existing Sales Experience Model. Made an appointment to buy a specific GV80 at Genesis of
South Brunswick (NJ) only to be notified a couple of hours later that the car was offered and purchased by someone else after I made the appointment. Been visiting a few Genesis Dealers around me, none of them have any dedicated office or lot space and only using Hyundai salespeople. They are just Hyundai car lots where the Genesis brand is being offered from a spare office with no space to showcase the vehicles. Obviously it's all about the boss making a buck! If the media stops hyping these cars they'll be discounted huge because the Salespeople aren't capable of moving them.

Next ...

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Obviously it's all about the boss making a buck! If the media stops hyping these cars they'll be discounted huge because the Salespeople aren't capable of moving them.
Why should the media stop hyping? Are you saying their reporting is unfounded?

Made an appointment to buy a specific GV80 at Genesis of
South Brunswick (NJ) only to be notified a couple of hours later that the car was offered and purchased by someone else after I made the appointment.
So you made an appointment because you might buy it or maybe you just were a lookyloo. Are you saying that the dealer should have turned away a buyer, money in hand, and possibly lost that customer so they could hold the car for you to look at? What should the dealer have done? Just asking.

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I made the appointment because I wanted to buy the car. I've looked at a lot of them and decided on this particular car. Handle it just like they do with all the reserved cars. The person who reserved it gets 1st shot.

Last edited:

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I made the appointment because I wanted to buy the car. I've looked at a lot of them and decided on this particular car. Handle it just like they do with all the reserved cars. The person who reserved it gets 1st shot.
The person with the first money talks the loudest. Welcome to the world. 🤣

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums