• Just a quick message to let you know that we now have a JB4 Support Forum so questions can be asked once, in one place, rather than the same question being asked and answered in the G70, G80 and G90 forums. You can find the forum on the main page in the forum list - or click here.

List of Stand-Alone Genesis Dealerships

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
This thread is going nowhere fast.Separate building or whatever. They are trying to create a new Genesis brand/auto but not doing a very good job so far. Those of you who are in the "more mature" older age bracket will probably remember when Mercedes were initially sold in Studebaker facilities. That didn't work out too shabby for them; Did it!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I just looked at the web pages for Genesis dealers in Southern California. At least 4 dealers now have updated pages that now say It all starts now. Introducing Genesis
This is the first I have seen this. Several Hyundia dealers don’t have updated pages. I could believe the ones with new web pages are the ones that will be selling Genesis going forward.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I just looked at the web pages for Genesis dealers in Southern California. At least 4 dealers now have updated pages that now say It all starts now. Introducing Genesis
This is the first I have seen this. Several Hyundia dealers don’t have updated pages. I could believe the ones with new web pages are the ones that will be selling Genesis going forward.
My Genesis dealer in Columbia SC also has updated their website. Maybe?

duhmel

All of you who are worried about the sky falling in and not being able to get your car service - here's a quote from an article from May 2018

"Genesis General Manager Erwin Raphael told Hyundai's dealer council last week that the opportunity to sell the brand would now be offered to all Hyundai dealers in the U.S. -- a complete shift from the brand's previous thinking. "

Someone with a touch of sanity realized that the plan to sell and service cars at only 100 dealers in the US was foolish. There will be a push to establish separate sales area of some type. I think they will also need to train a subset of the sales force. When I was investigating the car for my recent purchase, my experience was that very few sales people had any clue about the characterics of the Genesis cars.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
...and some are back online. While they say "It all starts now. Introducing Genesis." I don't think this represents anything special. It looks like these web sites may be pulling from the same back-end service, so it's no surprise that they all look the same. The dealer I frequent, AutoNation Genesis Mall of Georgia, has always had a Genesis specific web site.

On a related note, this new design is horrible. I can't read the text on the page.

Genesis Web Site.PNG

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just checked several Genesis sites in and around Atlanta and they are all either blank or reporting down for maintenance. Hm...
They may be updating to the "it all starts now" but no mention of G70. The two dealers near me have the site up, but low inventory. One 5, the other 4. Do you want a black or white one?

RCH04

Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just checked several Genesis sites in and around Atlanta and they are all either blank or reporting down for maintenance. Hm...
It seems to be a similar situation at the dealers around me in the SW suburban Chicago area.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.