List of Stand-Alone Genesis Dealerships

lou1119

Hasn't posted much yet...
California
This thread is going nowhere fast.Separate building or whatever. They are trying to create a new Genesis brand/auto but not doing a very good job so far. Those of you who are in the "more mature" older age bracket will probably remember when Mercedes were initially sold in Studebaker facilities. That didn't work out too shabby for them; Did it!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I just looked at the web pages for Genesis dealers in Southern California. At least 4 dealers now have updated pages that now say It all starts now. Introducing Genesis
This is the first I have seen this. Several Hyundia dealers don’t have updated pages. I could believe the ones with new web pages are the ones that will be selling Genesis going forward.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I just looked at the web pages for Genesis dealers in Southern California. At least 4 dealers now have updated pages that now say It all starts now. Introducing Genesis
This is the first I have seen this. Several Hyundia dealers don’t have updated pages. I could believe the ones with new web pages are the ones that will be selling Genesis going forward.
My Genesis dealer in Columbia SC also has updated their website. Maybe?

duhmel

All of you who are worried about the sky falling in and not being able to get your car service - here's a quote from an article from May 2018

"Genesis General Manager Erwin Raphael told Hyundai's dealer council last week that the opportunity to sell the brand would now be offered to all Hyundai dealers in the U.S. -- a complete shift from the brand's previous thinking. "

Someone with a touch of sanity realized that the plan to sell and service cars at only 100 dealers in the US was foolish. There will be a push to establish separate sales area of some type. I think they will also need to train a subset of the sales force. When I was investigating the car for my recent purchase, my experience was that very few sales people had any clue about the characterics of the Genesis cars.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
...and some are back online. While they say "It all starts now. Introducing Genesis." I don't think this represents anything special. It looks like these web sites may be pulling from the same back-end service, so it's no surprise that they all look the same. The dealer I frequent, AutoNation Genesis Mall of Georgia, has always had a Genesis specific web site.

On a related note, this new design is horrible. I can't read the text on the page.

Genesis Web Site.PNG

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just checked several Genesis sites in and around Atlanta and they are all either blank or reporting down for maintenance. Hm...
They may be updating to the "it all starts now" but no mention of G70. The two dealers near me have the site up, but low inventory. One 5, the other 4. Do you want a black or white one?

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just checked several Genesis sites in and around Atlanta and they are all either blank or reporting down for maintenance. Hm...
It seems to be a similar situation at the dealers around me in the SW suburban Chicago area.

mtrot

Registered Member
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Well, I just found out from the sales manager that my local Hyundai dealership will not become a Genesis dealer.:( I live in a city of ~100,000 population. I've really enjoyed and been impressed with my 2012 4.6, but I don't think I'll be buying another one with the closest dealer 100 miles away in Dallas.

PMCErnie

Registered Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Well, I just found out from the sales manager that my local Hyundai dealership will not become a Genesis dealer.:( I live in a city of ~100,000 population. I've really enjoyed and been impressed with my 2012 4.6, but I don't think I'll be buying another one with the closest dealer 100 miles away in Dallas.
Sad. What are you thinking Genesis?

I just bought a beautiful ‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 for the wife. Sooooo tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV. The Ultimate is posh enough.

Last edited:

ntx_v8

Registered Member
If you put a Dallas zip code into the Genesis Dealer Locator, all you get is a Shreveport dealer. If you go to Huffines Hyundai (likely the largest Dallas area dealer), they have 0 new Genesis's listed.

Last edited:

Starflyer

Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
PERHAPS the worst roll out of a new vehicle in US history. IF I were waiting for a G70, I would write it off for now and get a BMW or something similar. MAYBE in 5 years if there actually was Genesis dealers with 2024 models G70's, I might reconsider. Does anyone really think it will be different when the "phantom" SUV's arrive?

IF I really wanted a G70 today, I would fly across the country to Jersey and drive it back to Seattle. Sounds like a great road trip EXCEPT where would I get rid of my present ride? Assuming it was worth $25K-$30K, that's an automatic extra charge of $2500-$3000 because of our 10% sales tax. Now if Hyundai/Genesis would make me well on the sales tax, I might consider an air trip.

Last edited:

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Does anyone really think it will be different when the "phantom" SUV's arrive?
It will be night and day. By then the dealership network should be established. The problems with the G70 rollout have nothing to do with introducing a new model but rather establishing a new company and getting it and the franchises licensed in each state.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
If you put a Dallas zip code into the Genesis Dealer Locator, all you get is a Shreveport dealer. If you go to Huffines Hyundai (likely the largest Dallas area dealer), they have 0 new Genesis's listed.
Genesis' (meaning 2019 models) are currently not allowed to be sold in Texas due to Genesis and/or dealers not being able to obtain a license. Once the lawsuit that has been brought by one of the Hyundai dealers is settled then that should change. Last we heard there is no estimated timeframe for that to happen.

Starflyer

Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It will be night and day. By then the dealership network should be established. The problems with the G70 rollout have nothing to do with introducing a new model but rather establishing a new company and getting it and the franchises licensed in each state.
Cue the violin music please...

Starflyer

Seattle WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Genesis' (meaning 2019 models) are currently not allowed to be sold in Texas due to Genesis and/or dealers not being able to obtain a license. Once the lawsuit that has been brought by one of the Hyundai dealers is settled then that should change. Last we heard there is no estimated timeframe for that to happen.
When the Acura's came out in the 80's, Honda dealers thought they would be selling them. Acura told them to go pound sand.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.