Map Version 12 is out

2for1

Hasn't posted much yet...
va
This:

Hello,

Thank you for inquiring about update options available for your vehicle. I will be happy to provide details about what we have to offer.

The map update for your vehicle is released twice a year, usually in late spring to early summer and again in the fall. The latest map update for your vehicle was released August of 2018.

Even though the update comes out twice a year, you can install the latest update without having to worry if you performed other updates in the past. Follow this link to compare the map version on the latest release to what you currently have installed in your vehicle: https://www.mapnsoft.com/hyundai/map-updates/hyundai-genesis-only-touch-2015-v12-5.html

For this particular model year however, in order to make sure we are providing you the highest quality product, we have temporarily suspended the sale of the update. Please keep checking our website for status changes, we expect it to be back for sale fairly soon.

Thank you again for asking about our map updates, and please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,

1FstYota

Registered Member
WA
This:

Hello,

Thank you for inquiring about update options available for your vehicle. I will be happy to provide details about what we have to offer.

The map update for your vehicle is released twice a year, usually in late spring to early summer and again in the fall. The latest map update for your vehicle was released August of 2018.

Even though the update comes out twice a year, you can install the latest update without having to worry if you performed other updates in the past. Follow this link to compare the map version on the latest release to what you currently have installed in your vehicle: https://www.mapnsoft.com/hyundai/map-updates/hyundai-genesis-only-touch-2015-v12-5.html

For this particular model year however, in order to make sure we are providing you the highest quality product, we have temporarily suspended the sale of the update. Please keep checking our website for status changes, we expect it to be back for sale fairly soon.

Thank you again for asking about our map updates, and please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,
Sounds pretty normal of them, they screwed up the jog dial update when I bought mine so not surprised. Just a wait a bit and it will be back up I'm sure.

Scokeing

Tennessee
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I purchased 12.5 update and installed on my 2015 ultimate because there were some new freeways added in my area. Good news bad news. The new freeways are displayed on the map however when selecting a route that google maps, or waze uses the new freeway, the Genesis nav avoids it and puts me on side roads parallel to it. I have been in contact with the company and giving specific details. I believe the issue is the new road has no speed limit association, the mph disappears off the nag screen when entering the new portion, so I assume the best route logic thinks side roads are faster vs an unknown speed freeway, just my guess. Seems crazy to have my iPhone stuck to my vent running Waze when I have a premium nav system that is not as good. But I still love the car, its awesome!!

Attachments

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I purchased 12.5 update and installed on my 2015 ultimate because there were some new freeways added in my area. Good news bad news. The new freeways are displayed on the map however when selecting a route that google maps, or waze uses the new freeway, the Genesis nav avoids it and puts me on side roads parallel to it. I have been in contact with the company and giving specific details. I believe the issue is the new road has no speed limit association, the mph disappears off the nag screen when entering the new portion, so I assume the best route logic thinks side roads are faster vs an unknown speed freeway, just my guess. Seems crazy to have my iPhone stuck to my vent running Waze when I have a premium nav system that is not as good. But I still love the car, its awesome!!
Updates take forever some times. I'm buying a new house on a new street and no one has the street yet.

In the case of the freeway, if I know the route I don't use the nav until I get to a place that is new to me where I can use some help. I may drive a hundred miles and use the navigation for the last 5 or 10 to the final destination.

Scokeing

Tennessee
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Updates take forever some times. I'm buying a new house on a new street and no one has the street yet.

In the case of the freeway, if I know the route I don't use the nav until I get to a place that is new to me where I can use some help. I may drive a hundred miles and use the navigation for the last 5 or 10 to the final destination.
New house, congratulations. I would lobby for EdParkway as your street name :)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
New house, congratulations. I would lobby for EdParkway as your street name :)
Thanks but too late. The developer gave it a name, even a street number for the house, but Google maps does not have it yet. I'm not going to update the maps until the next version so maybe that will have it.

I hope they do soon so I can find my way home once I pay for it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.