• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Mileage with 3.3T: What a surprise.

steelers84

Registered Member
I wonder if it’s how you’re driving since you’re used to a v8. Turbo engines can actually be more inefficient if you keep the rpms low but the throttle more depressed, using the turbos more. I’ve found better gas mileage by using sport mode and managing the throttle to keep my rpms around 2.5k to 3.5k and my turbo pressure at around 0 according to the gauge. I can manage an indicated 28 mpg doing mostly freeway driving by doing this. Of course I go into cruise control on the freeway to hit top gear, and this applies mostly to the city driving on the way to/from the freeway and traffic situations
That's very interesting and I appreciate the input. I am babying the living hell out of the car because of the low mileage but I will start "driving" it in a few hundred miles. This actually makes a lot of sense - I will keep an eye on the turbo gauge tomorrow morning and try and keep the RPM's higher. Thank you!

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's very interesting and I appreciate the input. I am babying the living hell out of the car because of the low mileage but I will start "driving" it in a few hundred miles. This actually makes a lot of sense - I will keep an eye on the turbo gauge tomorrow morning and try and keep the RPM's higher. Thank you!
For the purposes of break in, according to the manual...you shouldn’t be babying it to that degree anyway ;) you should be keeping rpms between 2 and 4K and trying to vary the engine speed between

elsid88

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
At 3000 miles, I'm averaging just over 22mpg all driving, but when I drive back and forth to work in ECO mode with about 95% highway driving averaging 70mph, I can get anywhere from 26mpg to 29mpg depending on weather conditions and traffic.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
3.3T awd and according to the car i'm at 22.8 at 8000 miles. I'm okay with that, about 1-2 mpg penalty over my previous 328xi.

Cereal Box

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ve managed 34mpg (6.8 l/100km) in perfect conditions going to work and back, which is 41 miles overall (66 km)

By perfect conditions I mean 100% highway and average speed at 60mph. Sometimes even lower. I also park in a garage at home and in the shade at work, so the A/C is always at a low setting.

I just did it to test the car and I didn’t want to stress the car or myself in my drive to work, but not passing slow cars driving 40 in a 70 zone is more stressful and dangerous.

My regular drive everyday now is about 30mpg (7.8 l/100km). I drive at 70 which is the speed limit sped to pass then hop back in the middle lane at 60 when it’s safe.

All of this is by the cars estimation (3.3 RWD) and I don’t even look at my fuel economy when I’m driving somewhere other than work.

steelers84

Registered Member
Manually calculating, I averaged 21.84 MPG on this last tank of gas with roughly 80% highway driving in ECO mode. Car computer was reporting around ~23 MPG so it was about ~5% off.

It's a good thing I didn't buy this car for the gas mileage! I could, however, do without the gas station trips every four days...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums