No CD player...

Riley

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
A couple of weeks ago I drove my first genesis G 70 sport. Love the car. I too was kind of surprised it didn’t have a CD player. My last car a Infiniti M45 add a CD player and could also play DVDA audio 5.1 surround Discs. Amazing sound. I still like cds but I guess I’m going to have to get with the times as they are becoming extinct.

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I use Tidal Premium for lossless music. Paired with Android Auto it works well. However the Tidal app in Android Auto kinda sucks not being able to easily explore new music and block songs via the car screen.

FLnak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Our two current cars don’t have CD players and going forward I don’t expect one in a future car either. Actually can’t remember the last time I played an audio CD as I’ve fully converted over to streaming. Use Apple Music including their match service in which I’ve previously ripped in my CD collection over the years. Honestly it’s just easier and I don’t have to worry about managing another device, worrying about what songs I do or don’t have on a flash drive and enjoy discovering new music too much to constantly try and keep another external device up to date.

SuperKing

Registered Member
Vancouver, BC
I still use the CD player in my Genesis 5.0 but only for DVD Audio discs for 5.1 music. I hope my next car still has a DVD drive. What's the point in having 17 speakers in the car if the source material is only 2 channels?

I still use a USB stick for stuff I can't get on DVD and I BT stream my podcasts.

Riley

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I still use the CD player in my Genesis 5.0 but only for DVD Audio discs for 5.1 music. I hope my next car still has a DVD drive. What's the point in having 17 speakers in the car if the source material is only 2 channels?

I still use a USB stick for stuff I can't get on DVD and I BT stream my podcasts.
I had 5.1 in my Infiniti and it ws great. I didn't realize other manufacturers had 5'1 also. Too bad it's gone.

marianne

Denver, CO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
How hard is it to fast-forward into a long single track file on an external device? I frequently listen to DJ mixes that can be 3+ hours long and sometimes want to jump to the middle of a set quickly.