OEM All Season floor mats

martin.1497

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
I really like the 3.8 engine. There are times when it feels ever so slightly underpowered but it's very minor and typically the power kicks in quickly. The engine does feel very smooth though. I'm sure I would prefer the 5.0 if I drove one which is why I didn't. Haha. I definitely find the 3.8 more than sufficient in most situations. I was trying to stay a little more practical with fuel economy and serviceability. I also went for a used car and found that the 3.8 Ultimates were going for just over the cost of a 3.8 base. The 3.3T and 5.0 were significantly higher unless I went for a 2015-2016 5.0. I wanted 2018+ for the LED headlights(which are amazing) and Android Auto.

I had my last car for 7 years and hope to keep this car as long. My last car was an Optima with a 2.0T which was a fun engine at times. It would give me stronger feeling bursts of power but I feel like the 3.8 gives much more consistent power. I have to watch myself more in the G80. It gets up to speed so smoothly that I don't always realize how fast I am going. I hate the way the 4 cylinder felt when coming to a stop and at idle and am glad to be back in a V6. On the down side, the 2.0T would average 34+mpg at 80mph on a long trip. I haven't had the G80 on a road trip yet but I anticipate it will not be as high. The G80 is way more comfortable and quiet which was my main reason for wanting one and one of the reasons I was willing to settle for the 3.8.

One thing I will say that was strange to me about the 3.8 Ultimate is that while it has almost every option that the 5.0 Ultimate has, I have found 2 small details it does not. The headliner is not the suede like liner and the door sill plates are not backlit. It's strange to me that they chose to omit those 2 minor details from the 3.8 top trim. My Kia had both of those features on the SXL trim. It doesn't really bother me because the Genesis approach lights are cooler than the sill plates on my Kia and the standard headliner material on the G80 is pretty nice. The standard Kia headliner felt very cheap by comparison so I was glad mine was the upgraded. It does seem strange to me though that they left off these options on a $50k+ top trim model that my $35k top trim Optima had.

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
(Watch out for the Thread Topic Gestapo!)

dbassman

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Alabama
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Got the mats ordered and received. Totally satisfied with the quality of these mats. Shouldn't have any problem keeping them clean. Thanks martin.1497 for the heads up.(y)

JJaX

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Can someone please provide a link to purchase the mats? I only see a link to some Hyundai mats and no mention of RWD or AWD.

Thanks

martin.1497

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Can someone please provide a link to purchase the mats? I only see a link to some Hyundai mats and no mention of RWD or AWD.

Thanks

The link I posted says Hyundai but it's the Genesis G80 RWD mats. It says 2WD in the other names section. You also put in your VIN when ordering to make sure they fit. That site also had the AWD mats when I was looking but it's a different part number. I don't remember what it was.

martin.1497

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
The Genesis G80 AWD mats only seem to be for 2015-2016

Here's the AWD. It seems that Genesis wants you to go to your own dealer to buy them so it takes some digging to find the accessories for 2017+. None of the dealer part sites I have found offer Genesis online when searching for parts but if you know the part number, you can search the specific number and they come up on some. Another person mentioned the new customer promo code so you may be able to save even more.

JJaX

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Awesome thanks! Anyone know that promo code?

I ordered them but received an email a few outs later:

"Thank you for your order!! Unfortunately, I had to cancel it. The part you ordered was not applicable to your vehicle. At this time Hyundai does not offer all weather mats for your G80. I have refunded your money and apologize for any inconvenience."

Last edited:

Sparty21

Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Awesome thanks! Anyone know that promo code?

I ordered them but received an email a few outs later:

"Thank you for your order!! Unfortunately, I had to cancel it. The part you ordered was not applicable to your vehicle. At this time Hyundai does not offer all weather mats for your G80. I have refunded your money and apologize for any inconvenience."
JJax, what year is your G80? I wonder if the 2017 year gets rejected. Waiting to hear if Kagu 3D maxpider is going to launch an all wheel drive set. I’m hoping they may be an option. Not a fan of the shiny WeatherTech and the Genesis cost is crazy expensive.

JJaX

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
JJax, what year is your G80? I wonder if the 2017 year gets rejected. Waiting to hear if Kagu 3D maxpider is going to launch an all wheel drive set. I’m hoping they may be an option. Not a fan of the shiny WeatherTech and the Genesis cost is crazy expensive.

2018 G80 Sport AWD

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I also have a G80 sport AWD and got the same results. I got Weathertechs for the front and once they get dirty they look like S**t! You can't really clean them. I will not buy another weather tech product if their idea of quality is that it only looks good until you use it. I'm OKay because my car came with a set of Genesis rubber mats that are very high quality and clean up to look like new. But they do not give the same protection as the all weather mats. I was going to get Maxpiders but as you have stated they did not have them for the AWD models. I will definitely check with them after October.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I also have a G80 sport AWD and got the same results. I got Weathertechs for the front and once they get dirty they look like S**t! You can't really clean them. I will not buy another weather tech product if their idea of quality is that it only looks good until you use it. I'm OKay because my car came with a set of Genesis rubber mats that are very high quality and clean up to look like new. But they do not give the same protection as the all weather mats. I was going to get Maxpiders but as you have stated they did not have them for the AWD models. I will definitely check with them after October.
I totally agree , the weather techs quality has went down hill. You have to scrub the $hit out of them . And even after that you can still see the dirt/stain.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums