Spark Plugs, anyone try the new Ruthenium from NGK?

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
One of the stock iridium plugs at 50k:

View attachment 29221
The plug tip area looks like crap overall due to age, but the tip does look to be in working order with minimum wear. To be honest, it look fairly clean and not carbon fouled. The plug looks like it could go another 50k miles. However, the gap does look a bit wide so it is probably not firing at it best.

BarryG

Registered Member
So Cal.
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
You hijacked yourself, you're the one who started talking about coils in thread # 6, I never said anything about coils before you started talking about it, and YOU are the one who asked me why I replaced the coils, OK!
Uh, that wasn’t me genius. I’m not Nsxnext. Wow.....

badmrscary

Hasn't posted much yet...
You hijacked yourself, you're the one who started talking about coils in thread # 6, I never said anything about coils before you started talking about it, and YOU are the one who asked me why I replaced the coils, OK!
WRONG! NSXNEXT asked you why after YOU posted a pic of your Toyota coil fool! Go sober up.

MoonDoggy-X

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I'd love to try these. Has anyine changed the plugs on their 2015+ V8 yet? If so, how hard is it?

NSXNEXT

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Wow, quarantine is really getting to everyone. We all just need to lighten up.

Congrats on the plug replacement. Gives us another option when they need to be replaced.

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
I'll give these a shot. i only have 12k on my 2013 oem plugs but they are 8 years old might as well.. chances are theyll look brand new but im 2nd owner so ill have peace of mind. Anyone happen to know th gap for a 3.8 off the top of their head?

warnock

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I'll give these a shot. i only have 12k on my 2013 oem plugs but they are 8 years old might as well.. chances are theyll look brand new but im 2nd owner so ill have peace of mind. Anyone happen to know th gap for a 3.8 off the top of their head?
I believe .044

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums