• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Spy shots of the long-awaited GV80.

dhb220

Registered Member
Agreed on the steering wheel. It isn't hideous, but also not very appealing from what we have seen. I hope that the G80 and GV80 will have sport editions with a much nicer steering wheel design.

db2022

Agreed on the steering wheel. It isn't hideous, but also not very appealing from what we have seen. I hope that the G80 and GV80 will have sport editions with a much nicer steering wheel design.
My hope also, I will be waiting to see if Genesis will come out with a sport edition, like they did with the current g80

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
A lot of new vehicles with digital instrument cluster has it going counterclockwise in order to fit things in the middle I.e: the map.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Please explain. The photo here show two round gauges. No matter what direction they work, the space between remains the same. If you want to save space, going from a round to rectangular vertical would work. I don't see ho counterclockwise would make a difference.
Okay so this is what BMW’s digital instrument cluster looks like. Do to the gauge for the RPM going counterclockwise it frees up space in the middle to accommodate the map, music, turn by turn directions for GPS. That’s what I see Genesis is trying to go for. The map has to be placed in the middle and if the RPM was going clockwise it would not fit the map in the middle.

Attachments

rjabend

A possible reason is to further separate the gauge movement from the displays to the left and right.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That setup make a little sense even if it is borderline ugly. They cut off part of the circle to make space. The Genesis has two same size circles, no space increase.
Well then I guess Genesis doesn’t want to add a map in the middle like how almost all of the automakers have it. Personally I rather have a map in the middle so I don’t have to continue looking at the infotainment screen.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Given its just an electronic display why can't I as a driver just set the way I want the gauge to indicate?
Because they have to spend more R&D money to have that as a thing. Sticking to just one pattern is better for them because they save money. Plus they probably think they don’t have to put it in because the majority of their consumers won’t even care for it.

the.tru.albertan

Getting familiar with the group...
Red Deer, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Well then I guess Genesis doesn’t want to add a map in the middle like how almost all of the automakers have it. Personally I rather have a map in the middle so I don’t have to continue looking at the infotainment screen.
They shouldn't need to put a map in the cluster because the HUD should show all turn by turn, navigation, everything. They were supposed to be putting the augmented reality HUD in these cars. But I haven't heard too much about it.

Curt@MSN

Hopeless lover of enigmatic automobiles.
Madison, WI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Because they have to spend more R&D money to have that as a thing. Sticking to just one pattern is better for them because they save money. Plus they probably think they don’t have to put it in because the majority of their consumers won’t even care for it.
Agree - although that said I had an Audi Q8 as a loaner a few weeks ago and I liked how I could resize the center display to have either small or large speed/tach dials - pictured is the small dial/large map combo. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the large dial/small map option. But you get the idea.

Attachments

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums