Two-tone Genesis "wrapping"??

Jkon

Registered Member
Livonia MI
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I just purchased a G70 Casablanca white and the looks I get on this car and color are plentiful. I would not touch this color but I would research using Xpel on the car
Feel the same way...Have a 16 ultimate in Casablanca white....LOVE IT!! My first white car in 50yrs of driving. The white does not seem to have the "depth" that other colors can have when freshly waxed,however, the Casablanca does have a nice pearl or sparkle in the paint when I have her shined up. So I am very happy with my first white car none the less

divamomone

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It's dawning on me that folks here are not keen on two-tone paint jobs. (note the sarcasm, please).

That said, I have my tastes. An anonymous forum isnt likely to sway them. But you are welcome to have fun. I do appreciate the few members who posted links or useful comments about wrapping or two-tone paint schemes. Thanks for that.
Would love more information on two-tone paint schemes and wrapping. Anybody else?

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Would love more information on two-tone paint schemes and wrapping. Anybody else?

There are no rules, Diva. It’s a custom job. Just find a reputable local wrap shop, or paint shop, and chat about it. Expect to pay several thousand $ for a good quality paint job.

A good style to emulate is the Mercedes Maybach. Depending on your lifestyle, a paint job like this can look very luxurious, or very foolish, in your driveway. In the end, it would be a unique piece of art.

Here’s an example of a wrap on the Rolls Royce SUV. If nothing else, it’s unique. I wonder if your neighbors would like it?

Here’s what you could do with your two Rolls SUVs. After all, who wants two boring plain white RR Cullinans? Not yours truly!

Last edited:

DarinG90

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
There are no rules, Diva. It’s a custom job. Just find a reputable local wrap shop, or paint shop, and chat about it. Expect to pay several thousand $ for a good quality paint job.

A good style to emulate is the Mercedes Maybach. Depending on your lifestyle, a paint job like this can look very luxurious, or very foolish, in your driveway. In the end, it would be a unique piece of art.

Here’s an example of a wrap on the Rolls Royce SUV. If nothing else, it’s unique. I wonder if your neighbors would like it?

Here’s what you could do with your two Rolls SUVs. After all, who wants two boring plain white RR Cullinans? Not yours truly!

Update: the white has really grown on me. It's elegant. So....... No changes coming. I love this car!

divamomone

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Thanks for the info and advice. I certainly don't want foolish. In this day and time I don't want added attention either. People will truly key your car if its too nice. I love the black, its classic and I'm sticking with it. Much appreciated!

MarcusTheMan

Charlotte, NC
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I've recently picked up my new 2020 G90 5.0. Lovin' it!!! Ive added a pic (below). She's all white, which I wasn't going to buy, but the dealer gave me a killer deal to take it off his hands (and my wife really dug the white). Anyway, I find it a bit boring. I've seen a few other luxury sedans doing two-tone schemes - and look fanatastic, in my opinion. Anyone here ever trying to wrap half a Genesis? (not sure if I would do the top half or the bottom half, so any examples or pics would be cool. PS: I did see those Academy Awards special additions. Of course, those were not wrapped, but factory-painted.
PS: The white is growing on me, mind you. I plan to sit with it a while before doing anything.
View attachment 28137
I Like The Idea Darin. I Would Start With Maybe Adding An Accent Color To The Trim You Could Use Stuff Like 3M Gloss Black Vinyl As A Start But Then Think the Biggest Key Would Be To Get A Full 360 Mockup Because You Can Play With Different Color Combos And You Want The Two Tone Look To Play Along With The Body Lines Of The Car Meaning You Might Wanna See If a Rolls Royce Scheme Fits Or A Maybach Scheme Fits Better Or Perhaps Something You Come Up From Scratch. A Wrap Shop Should Be Able To Make You A Nice Rendering And Some Possible Ideas.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I Like The Idea Darin. I Would Start With Maybe Adding An Accent Color To The Trim You Could Use Stuff Like 3M Gloss Black Vinyl As A Start But Then Think the Biggest Key Would Be To Get A Full 360 Mockup Because You Can Play With Different Color Combos And You Want The Two Tone Look To Play Along With The Body Lines Of The Car Meaning You Might Wanna See If a Rolls Royce Scheme Fits Or A Maybach Scheme Fits Better Or Perhaps Something You Come Up From Scratch. A Wrap Shop Should Be Able To Make You A Nice Rendering And Some Possible Ideas.
You don't want this?
1617902256831.png

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Thanks for the info and advice. I certainly don't want foolish. In this day and time I don't want added attention either. People will truly key your car if its too nice. I love the black, its classic and I'm sticking with it. Much appreciated!
Yes, it really works best if you are being chauffeured, or if you are an egotistical celebrity. Remember the pimpmobile in the movie Night Shift?

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums