Wacky solution suggested for bluelink registration

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I canceled bluelink after my trial expired after it auto renewed for $297 for one year. They would not negotiate price at all. On a semi related note I understand that the bluelink module itself expires after 12 months of no use or activity and must be replaced.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Ok this makes sense . Hyundai have ordered the 96510-B1500 unit for my bluelink issue . Not the complete head unit .

So they just replace that module - which in documentation they are calling : TMU UNIT .

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
That’s what I said earlier no?
Yes you were absolutely right about that module . I'm sure someone in Hyundai Motor America Engineering is just reading this forum to troubleshoot issues. HMA can save a ton on money on the Head Unit replacement .

This forum has so many experts on the G80 . Its a wonderful resource.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Do you know if is TMU module is detached from the headunit or is it joined to it , and is there a easier way to get to it ?
I do not see that part in the photos .

Will they have to open the entire dash and remove the head unit .

From the service manual it does not look like it . They can just open the center panel assembly.

Last edited:

FlySwatter

Been here awhile...
Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Ugh. So, the good news is that the part came in yesterday, and I dropped the car off this morning for the "two hour repair". The bad news is that the new head unit also could not be activated with BlueLink, so they are ordering yet another. <sigh>.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.