• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Wacky solution suggested for bluelink registration

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I canceled bluelink after my trial expired after it auto renewed for $297 for one year. They would not negotiate price at all. On a semi related note I understand that the bluelink module itself expires after 12 months of no use or activity and must be replaced.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Ok this makes sense . Hyundai have ordered the 96510-B1500 unit for my bluelink issue . Not the complete head unit .

So they just replace that module - which in documentation they are calling : TMU UNIT .

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
That’s what I said earlier no?
Yes you were absolutely right about that module . I'm sure someone in Hyundai Motor America Engineering is just reading this forum to troubleshoot issues. HMA can save a ton on money on the Head Unit replacement .

This forum has so many experts on the G80 . Its a wonderful resource.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Do you know if is TMU module is detached from the headunit or is it joined to it , and is there a easier way to get to it ?
I do not see that part in the photos .

Will they have to open the entire dash and remove the head unit .

From the service manual it does not look like it . They can just open the center panel assembly.

Last edited:

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

FlySwatter

Been here awhile...
Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Ugh. So, the good news is that the part came in yesterday, and I dropped the car off this morning for the "two hour repair". The bad news is that the new head unit also could not be activated with BlueLink, so they are ordering yet another. <sigh>.

FlySwatter

Been here awhile...
Georgia
Genesis Model Type
The saga continues. I was absently wondering why the dealer hadn't called me -- absently, becuase a recent week-long episode of dealing with a back injury that kept me out of work had my main focus, so I hadn't yet made the effort to contact them. Yesterday, however, I got a call from Courtney with Hyundai saying that she contacted the dealer, and that they had indeed received the part, and I should call them for an appointment -- and that they would be furnishing me a loaner. I called them today, and set up an appointment for Friday morning, and sure enough, the service manager said they would have a Genesis G70 waiting for me before I could even broach the subject.

Hopefully, I'll have Bluelink service this weekend. I don't know if the loaner is Hyundai's apology for the second trip, or a policy shift to equalize owner experiences of the pre-Genesis-badged second gen vehicles, but I'm happy not to need my wife to follow me to the dealer and take me to work this Friday.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Hope your Hyundai Blue Link account & registration is active and working .
I have kept BlueLink account enabled all this while on myhyundai.com and have kept connected care and remote package enabled.

Without active BlueLink Account and registration of package , the activation does not work (thats what i was told today)

FlySwatter

Been here awhile...
Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Got the car back yesterday afternoon with BlueLink activated. Yay! I successfully tested the remote start and stop today. When I first discussed this with the Service Manager he said it was a $3K+ repair. The two part numbers listed on my invoice are below (no $ amounts of course).

96560-B1PG0-4XFLT
96510-B1500

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Update on my car :

Part 96510-B1500 was replaced . It did not fix the bluelink registration issue.

I think the other part suggested as FLOAT NAVIGATION will also have to be replaced. However part 96560-B1PG0-4XFLT is now "out of warranty" from supplier LG.

Source : https://static.superservice.com/content/pdfs/HYW/bulletin/US/RadioRG.pdf

Dealer is still trying to get the entire Head Unit replaced via Hyundai Motor America.

battalla1

2015 Genesis ultimate 3.8 rwd White.. jog dial
Genesis Model Type
I had a similar problem when I got mine... two different things had to be reset on the head unit and then it worked but for some reason it took over two months for them to figure it out.

Nikhil Malhotra

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
While i was talking to the hyundai mechanic he mentioned 2 things about the genesis ( a bit worrying )

- the car is 99% made in korea . Many of the parts are now not in stock and this shortage will keep increasing . Adding to that is the fact that most of the costlier electonics parts still ship from korea , causing weeks of delay .

He compared this to the new sonata that has most of the genesis g80 electronic features and parts are readily available since its assembled in usa .

- there is some issue between hyundai and genesis . It appears there is not much focus on addressing hyundai branded genesis , rather they are focussing on building the new genesis brand . This is causing escalations and warranty requests to get delayed .

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums