What cars are you guys trading/selling to switch to a g70??

joneillnj

Hasn't posted much yet...
I came from a 2015 Mustang GT to the G70. So I suppose I cross shopped them. I definitely miss the Mustang. The rumble of the V8. The standard transmission. The little customizable features, the interior ambient lighting, the better gas mileage. I'd keep them both if I could afford it. Having said that living in Canada I am happy to have an AWD car that I can drive year round.
Fair enough - I was thinking that most people would decide the type of car (2 door coupe vs 4 door sedan) before they started evaluating contenders/truly cross shopping. I guess not :)

Last edited:

cars2see

Registered Member
I came from a 2015 Mustang GT to the G70. So I suppose I cross shopped them. I definitely miss the Mustang. The rumble of the V8. The standard transmission. The little customizable features, the interior ambient lighting, the better gas mileage. I'd keep them both if I could afford it. Having said that living in Canada I am happy to have an AWD car that I can drive year round.
hold on.... you said you miss the 15 mustang gt which i 100% agree with but a reason for that is the better gas mileage? Your telling me the mustang got better gas mileage than your g70?

cars2see

Registered Member
BTW i appreciate all you guys giving your input on this! its always nice to see what others thoughts are on this matter.

Im also getting super frustrated with this cars debut in USA. i feel like hyundia/genesis needs to handle this dealer issue or whatever is holding these cars from hitting the dealerships fast. i got ants in my pants!

WhoIsHomer

Edmonton
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I thought it did but I don't remember exactly what I got on the mustang. Maybe the G70 is a tad better?
Compare Side-by-Side

ACCHRM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have a 2018 Camaro SS with the 1LE Track package, 455 hp RWD and only available in a 6 speed manual, this car is a track monster, and loves to corner, dang it does a figure 8 faster than a GT-R. Got it last July, 2017. Custom ordered it and waited for 2 and a half months for it, unfortunately bad timing, now me and my wife are waiting for our first baby, so I wanted something that I can put a car seat in, I do know that it's small in the back, but that's not a big deal for me. I would be looking to lease the 2.0 model, looking for something slightly upgraded from the base Advanced, but it needs to be Automatic for my wife. I was really interested in the 3.3 until I found out that it gets barely the same mileage as my 455hp Camaro lol. 20617012_1527117510642563_1936475602579209596_o.jpg

volnedan

Registered Member
Well I was planning to trade in my 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M-sport 6MT (damn long name I know), but it started to slowly die and I couldn't take it anymore so I just picked up a 2014 Audi A4 6MT under CPO until next August for under $20k. As much as I hated the BMW's reliability and build quality, they do build great drivers with the M-sport package and dynamic suspension. The A4 has the sport package and 19" wheels, but not the same. The G70 2.0T Sport 6MT is my target if the lease price is decent, but we'll see how they price them here in the states. Otherwise, not many sport sedans with a 6MT.

R.K.

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's really going to be my first nice car. I'll be trading in a 2012 Toyota RAV-4. And not even the nice version of that.

Steve Nor Cal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
I have owned my 2013 Genesis Couple Track since new and have had a great experience with it. I am looking for a little more power, handling and luxury. 20180307_165507.jpg

canucklehead604

West Coast Canada
^ if you like the 228, try the 235/240. little rockets, and auto journalists commonly call the M235/M240 the sweet spot of balance and useable power for BMW's current models.

Drezz

Registered Member
Rochester, NY, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ if you like the 228, try the 235/240. little rockets, and auto journalists commonly call the M235/M240 the sweet spot of balance and useable power for BMW's current models.
Thanks for the tip... I haven't driven any of them yet, but my personal inclination is to have "sufficient" power and good fuel economy, versus more HP/worse MPGs. [I drove Infiniti G20s for 16 years--am used to modest power! Heh.]

COToad

Registered Member
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not just a car but an obsession, BMW...86 325e sedan, 95 325iC, 98 M3 sedan, 2007 335i sedan, 2011 328xi sedan, 2015 328xi sedan (current). I haven't been without a BMW 3 Series since '92 and even sold them for 6 years. Thinking about a 3.3T awd and hoping that it puts the fun back into driving that my old M3 and 335 provided. I can go back to a 340 but I think BMW has leaned a little too far towards pleasing the masses and lost some of their edge. If I can grab a G70 3.3T sport for the same price as a 330xi M-sport, I might just be driving a car without a Roundel. Of course it will all depend on the test drive. This US super slow-mo release is getting a little irritating.
IMG_3167.jpg

Attachments

FXACMCtech

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have a 2017 Focus RS. The car has been a nightmare since Ford touched it for the headgasket tsb. If the lemon law claim ends in my favor I will be seriously considering the G70.

Should be as fast or faster than the RS in a straight line, still corner well for a sedan and should be miles ahead of the RS in terms of quality, comfort and tech.

The RS was fun before it had issues but after all this even the smallest defects are a painful reminder of the 3 months my vehicle spent in a shop.

Many of my friends and family swear by Hyundai vehicles and it seems they truly are among the top in terms of value and reliability. I hope this Genesis G70 upholds this reputation.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.