• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

ABS brake module failed

Trip3’s

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The oem cost for that module is outrageous. Has anyone found any other solution? Does the number cross to a cheaper kia or other part? Any rebuild options? I don’t have this problem but if oem is the only option it could total an older genesis.
I got my ABS module for $230 (off a 2014 Genesis) from Automotix and it was $150 to install. Dealership quoted me $3000 installed. 😂

jmac404

'13 3.8 Sedan
Atlanta
Genesis Model Type
Was there any warning signs of the module going bad? My 2013, after driving for a bit, when I VERY first touch the brake I'll get like 2-3 quick very slight shudders, it's barely noticeable, my wife for sure would not even pick up on it. It almost feels like the pads aren't quite settled or something. In the back of my mind I'm wondering if I have a $2-3k repair coming up for this ABS module. Mine is a 2013

Gunkk

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
For both of mine ('09 and '12) there was no advanced warning. In the '09 the pedal went to the floor, no brakes on any of the 4 wheels. In the '12 I lost a brake in only one corner.

Trip3’s

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Was there any warning signs of the module going bad? My 2013, after driving for a bit, when I VERY first touch the brake I'll get like 2-3 quick very slight shudders, it's barely noticeable, my wife for sure would not even pick up on it. It almost feels like the pads aren't quite settled or something. In the back of my mind I'm wondering if I have a $2-3k repair coming up for this ABS module. Mine is a 2013
The ABS and ESC light came on and both the systems turned off. I spent $150 at the dealer to get it diagnosed.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums