Aftermarket Proximity Smart Door Lock Module - Anyone install?

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That settles it. I’m getting one. With the heat here it would be nice to just walk up and open the door and get in after pre staring remotely. Plus I really like to be able to walk away and have it lock.
Yea it's pretty great. That's a good idea with the remote start, I will test that tomorrow just to make sure it works and let you know.

It locks surprisingly quickly when you walk away, sooner than I thought so that's a nice surprise.

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did they charge you shipping? I tried to check out but it adds $25 shipping even though the product description says Prices includes shipping and handling charges to anywhere in North America, Asia and Western Europe. For other regions, please email us for a quote.

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So right now they're charging shipping under $100 cause of COVID I believe. I just added something super cheap to get over 100 bucks and then shipping is free. I added the tire dressing sponge lol but there's a bunch of cheap items you can choose from.

FastEddie

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just added the striker covers

Dragonkinggenesis

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Got it today and 20 min later I have proximity locks. Works great and easy install. Has a bypass if needed.
Nice, can you describe how you went about installing it if diff than the other person who installed? I'm going to put the order in tonight. Other person described you could just stick the wires in, directions say to splice the wires.
Thanks in advanced.

FastEddie

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice, can you describe how you went about installing it if diff than the other person who installed? I'm going to put the order in tonight. Other person described you could just stick the wires in, directions say to splice the wires.
Thanks in advanced.
For me it was an easy install. Tapped the locations and soldered to wires. To get the hood release use a rag and protect the trim and pry with a flat blade screwdriver or a pry tool if you have one. I had already pulled the connector harness shield (plastic clover) loose for another wiring tap.

BED7B211-16C2-4BC1-9F04-22D80CAFEF05.png

Dragonkinggenesis

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
If its not to much trouble, could you provide a close up of the wires you tapped into? Mine may be diff. I thought i was browsing the g80 page and seen this and thought someone actually bought it for g80 to try and worked so i bought it lolol. but figuring the schematics would be the same. but I may have diff color ones cause I tried to push it in a green and other white towards the back of a cluster of connectors and nothing yet. got power to board from OBD slot. dip sticks are both off (left) but tried both dips to the right too. Could be i didn't have good hold on the dash pad ones, i just stripped the coating off the wires on the module and stuck it in ( for testing purposes first).

Thank you!

FastEddie

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If its not to much trouble, could you provide a close up of the wires you tapped into? Mine may be diff. I thought i was browsing the g80 page and seen this and thought someone actually bought it for g80 to try and worked so i bought it lolol. but figuring the schematics would be the same. but I may have diff color ones cause I tried to push it in a green and other white towards the back of a cluster of connectors and nothing yet. got power to board from OBD slot. dip sticks are both off (left) but tried both dips to the right too. Could be i didn't have good hold on the dash pad ones, i just stripped the coating off the wires on the module and stuck it in ( for testing purposes first).

Thank you!
Sorry. Mines all tapped up and reassembled.

Stinger

Yea it's pretty great. That's a good idea with the remote start, I will test that tomorrow just to make sure it works and let you know.

It locks surprisingly quickly when you walk away, sooner than I thought so that's a nice surprise.

For me it was an easy install. Tapped the locations and soldered to wires. To get the hood release use a rag and protect the trim and pry with a flat blade screwdriver or a pry tool if you have one. I had already pulled the connector harness shield (plastic clover) loose for another wiring tap.

View attachment 31932
Thanks!

Does Proximity Smart Door Lock Module allows me to lock the door from outside while the engine is running?

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks!

Does Proximity Smart Door Lock Module allows me to lock the door from outside while the engine is running?
A little late, but no it doesn't, at least for me. If the engine is running I can't look the door using the fob nor the button on the handle.

FastEddie

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What’s bizarre is I used to be able to lock my car while it was running with the handle buttons but now it won’t but I did find out you can lock it with the Genesis app while it is running, so there is that.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums