Alfa Giulia owner considering G70

Clarence Oveur

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey G70girl and Toddasaurus, thanks for the meaningful feedback on the 3.3t. Good to see a former Giulia owner here. I think LKA is still a tricky tech to implement since there is a lot of variation in road markings and conditions. The adaptive cruise can be tricky also especially among a bolus of drivers trying their best to imitate a NASCAR race. Regardless, the tech you get on this car: adaptive cruise, lka, hud, heated/ ventilated seats, plus that smooth 6 cyl and warranty makes it a very compelling proposition.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
lots of salt as well, but a good job by the OP of ignoring the obvious trolls. This was a great read
I had to add my 2 cents to a Maxima vs G70 thread on the Maxima.org forums. It just rubbed me the wrong way how people in there were denigrating the G70 when most or all of them had never even driven one. Sure the Maxima is a nice sporty-ish family car, but it's not even in the same league as the G70.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had to add my 2 cents to a Maxima vs G70 thread on the Maxima.org forums. It just rubbed me the wrong way how people in there were denigrating the G70 when most or all of them had never even driven one. Sure the Maxima is a nice sporty-ish family car, but it's not even in the same league as the G70.
CVT is all you need to know about the Maxima :poop:

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
I agree. As nice as the new Maxma is it's not fair to it to be compared to the G70. If the reasons are not obvious then there's not much more to be said.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Talk about being delusional.

The Infiniti Q50 isn't as good as the G70 (aside from interior space where it has a good bit more room).

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Talk about being delusional.

The Infiniti Q50 isn't as good as the G70 (aside from interior space where it has a good bit more room).
My gripes with the infotainment system aside, I'd say its actually the BEST overall competitor to the G70 when you're considering bang for your buck. Looking specifically at the 3.0t RS since the 3.0t Sport would get smoked by the G70. The only other luxury sports sedan that gives you a V6 near the same price is the IS350 F Sport and I could fall asleep while flooring that thing

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They need a GS-F engine in an IS body!
Btw isn't the Alfa due for a mid-cycle refresh?

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had a 2017 Giulia...

Here is my full transition impressions from the day I bought it to now...if you want a long read.
Bought a Genesis G70...Ask me Anything

In summary, the Giulia drives better, I have a 2.0T AWD G70, is "more special" and prettier inside (I had the creama Lusso in Monte Carlo Blue). BUT! I don't feel like the G70 may leave me stranded at any moment. I'm not given Chrysler minivans every time I take the car to the dealer as a loaner. etc...

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey 50jae. I have the TI sport in white. It has the dark wheels. I see some of the same styling ques on the G70 sport and I like it. The reliability has been unexpectedly very good. There have been quite a few "software updates" and a few recalls but other than routine maintenance, I have only had one other issue with an adaptive damper that needed to be be replaced under warranty. The car is really engaging to drive. Steering feel is amazing. Feels quick, light and fun. Long term reliability is a concern however. Genesis is appealing in that regard.
From that angle, it looks almost exactly like a G70, especially the headlights and roof...

Attachments

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had a 2017 Giulia...

Here is my full transition impressions from the day I bought it to now...if you want a long read.
Bought a Genesis G70...Ask me Anything

In summary, the Giulia drives better, I have a 2.0T AWD G70, is "more special" and prettier inside (I had the creama Lusso in Monte Carlo Blue). BUT! I don't feel like the G70 may leave me stranded at any moment. I'm not given Chrysler minivans every time I take the car to the dealer as a loaner. etc...
I agree with you MrMegadeth, I LOVED driving the Giulia ( I had the Vesuvio grey TI Sport with red interior and yellow calipers)!, Very smooth and it hugged the road like no other car. BUT I got sick and tired of the whole car loaner thing as you stated and the fact that only one dealer in the greater Phoenix area knew what they were doing. The long term reliability of the Giulias is to be seen, I guess time will tell...