Any reason to buy a CPO 2016 vs CPO 2015?

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Like most cars with LED running lights, they turn amber as the turn signal. Then back to while.
The Genesis/G80(hard to tell with our cars) I saw had amber LED for both of the headlights while driving straight pass my car at an intersection during the day. Maybe the owner have some sort of aftermarket setup that makes the LED lights amber DRL. Not a fan of the full amber LED look.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The Genesis/G80(hard to tell with our cars) I saw had amber LED for both of the headlights while driving straight pass my car at an intersection during the day. Maybe the owner have some sort of aftermarket setup that makes the LED lights amber DRL. Not a fan of the full amber LED look.
Agree, amber LED would be ugly. Never saw one like you saw but anything is possible.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
there is one running around here that has full amber on its pretty weird looking.
LOL. So I am not the only one that feels that way about how the LED strips look in amber. Not a good look for DRL. However, it does look different than most other cars on the road so it get points for being unique. Man, I was like WTF when the saw that Gensis/G80 drive by with the amber LED headlights.:)

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Agree, amber LED would be ugly. Never saw one like you saw but anything is possible.
Trust me, it is very odd looking on our cars due to how our LED is shaped when you do see one in person.:)

Huey P. Freeman

Seattle
Genesis Model Type
Duh, the badge on the trunk lid! ;-)
After much fretting I went with a '16 for two reasons... the warranty thing and the fact that Consumer Reports (or perhaps someone else who tracks these things) said that there are more reports of problems from the '15. But that may just be because there has been more time to report in. But truthfully, it was probably the trunk badging.
My 2016 had the Hyundai badge on the trunk. I swapped it and the hood badge out with the current one.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.