• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any reason to buy a CPO 2016 vs CPO 2015?

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Like most cars with LED running lights, they turn amber as the turn signal. Then back to while.
The Genesis/G80(hard to tell with our cars) I saw had amber LED for both of the headlights while driving straight pass my car at an intersection during the day. Maybe the owner have some sort of aftermarket setup that makes the LED lights amber DRL. Not a fan of the full amber LED look.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The Genesis/G80(hard to tell with our cars) I saw had amber LED for both of the headlights while driving straight pass my car at an intersection during the day. Maybe the owner have some sort of aftermarket setup that makes the LED lights amber DRL. Not a fan of the full amber LED look.
Agree, amber LED would be ugly. Never saw one like you saw but anything is possible.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
there is one running around here that has full amber on its pretty weird looking.
LOL. So I am not the only one that feels that way about how the LED strips look in amber. Not a good look for DRL. However, it does look different than most other cars on the road so it get points for being unique. Man, I was like WTF when the saw that Gensis/G80 drive by with the amber LED headlights.:)

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Agree, amber LED would be ugly. Never saw one like you saw but anything is possible.
Trust me, it is very odd looking on our cars due to how our LED is shaped when you do see one in person.:)

Huey P. Freeman

Seattle
Genesis Model Type
Duh, the badge on the trunk lid! ;-)
After much fretting I went with a '16 for two reasons... the warranty thing and the fact that Consumer Reports (or perhaps someone else who tracks these things) said that there are more reports of problems from the '15. But that may just be because there has been more time to report in. But truthfully, it was probably the trunk badging.
My 2016 had the Hyundai badge on the trunk. I swapped it and the hood badge out with the current one.

STL_Genesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just picked up a 2016 CPO Ultimate over the weekend in Chicago. I knew it was a nice car but the roads trip back to STL was simply AMAZING. For me it was a great way to enjoy a new (used) car. The heads up is the real deal, the ride is like butter, the interior is tranquil, and overall comfort is simply stunning. I am really pleased. I did note the Genesis badge on the trunk (center top) so no Hyundai badge on this 2016 model (June 2015 build date) ... I wonder if they changed over at some point in the 2016 model year.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just picked up a 2016 CPO Ultimate over the weekend in Chicago. I knew it was a nice car but the roads trip back to STL was simply AMAZING. For me it was a great way to enjoy a new (used) car. The heads up is the real deal, the ride is like butter, the interior is tranquil, and overall comfort is simply stunning. I am really pleased. I did note the Genesis badge on the trunk (center top) so no Hyundai badge on this 2016 model (June 2015 build date) ... I wonder if they changed over at some point in the 2016 model year.
Congratulations. It really is a nice ride. Great highway cruiser as you found out. Once you set the climate control you may never have to touch it again, year round.

The wings were added. Original should have been an H.

STL_Genesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Congratulations. It really is a nice ride. Great highway cruiser as you found out. Once you set the climate control you may never have to touch it again, year round.

The wings were added. Original should have been an H.
Thanks. Lots to learn ... I am basically coming out of a 1998 Audi A4. Times have changed!

bigpapainscotia

BIGPAPA
NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Genesis Model Type
I just traded my 2012 3.8 sedan for a 2015 5.0 ultimate . After going through all the pros and cons I deiced to purchase a extended warranty for 48 months for about $1700 bumper to bumper. The factory warranty will be over in June of 2019 . Going to take it in to the dealer for a complete look over. What should I point out to them. I notice that the sun roof is a little noisy. Any comments will be appreciated.

Tbo45

Looking at 15 vs 16 CPO myself. A little confused on the LED DRL difference between 15 and 16.

Is this the fog lights at the bottom of the front bumper? Or is it the accent eye liner light?

I like the look of the eyeliner more than the lower fog light ones.

Haven't been able to really find a video that clarifies which lights are on all the time and which ones aren't.

Thanks in advance.

STL_Genesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
2016 has eyeliner DRL and fog lights (sig package and up). The 2015 3.8 models do not have fog lights (I do think the 5.0 includes them). I don't have the details but I think the 2015 has a minor issue with the bulbs that are used as combo blinkers/DRL.

A copy of the 2016 brochure with some specifications is attached. 2015 brochure I found does not have these details.

Some other resources.

Background
Using the accent lights on 2015 Sedan as DRL's

potential option
http://ijdmtoy.com/BLOG/wordpress/2015/03/09/hyundai-genesis-led-daytime-running-lights-start

Attachments