Anyone have any idea what this 27mm bolt/ plug is?

2015genesisNewbie

Registered Member
Temple, TX
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I

I would drain and refill with Hyundai Fluid. Try it you might be happy with results. When they drained and did refill They used 7 quarts.
Removing the drain plug from the tranny pan only removes about 3qts out of the 10. Unless they did a trans flush? How did they get 7qts out?

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
Removing the drain plug from the tranny pan only removes about 3qts out of the 10. Unless they did a trans flush? How did they get 7qts out?
I know I was billed for 7 , so now You have me thinking. I know the pan was not replaced. When I changed my oil last month I looked at pan. Its definitely the original.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Unless they drained it, filled it, drove it around, and then drained and filled again 😅🤷🏻‍♂️
No they did not do that. I was there the whole time, and the service writer dont let the tech drive the car unless I am with them or he will drive it himself. I am very fussy with my car and he knows and respects that. That is one of the reasons why we get along well. The paper work actually states trans flush ! I suppose that is what they did. I apologize for the confusion on my part.🙂

2015genesisNewbie

Registered Member
Temple, TX
Genesis Model Type
Maybe take it to dealer and have them do a service on the trans.. It just might straighten it out?
Yeah I thought about that and I called and got a quote on it. It would cost me $400. I just might do it but my main concern is it won’t change anything. Then I’ll be kicking myself afterwards for throwing $400 down the drain. I mean after all I already threw away $112 for the Amsoil fluid 😆

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Yeah I thought about that and I called and got a quote on it. It would cost me $400. I just might do it but my main concern is it won’t change anything. Then I’ll be kicking myself afterwards for throwing $400 down the drain. I mean after all I already threw away $112 for the Amsoil fluid 😆
I get it . But if it does you're good. And 400$ is way cheaper than a new trans. Do have any Warranty?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums