Battery warning light on

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I was just under my Genny last night, and was thinking such a big alternator how the hell does one remove it? Good Luck with that skipgen. 👍
A lift is a must... I read the procedure in the Shop Manual. You have to remove the cooling fans & drop the sway bar link. Not a trivial exercise.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I was just under my Genny last night, and was thinking such a big alternator how the hell does one remove it? Good Luck with that skipgen. 👍
All fixed now... They actually said it wasn't that tough to do, a lot easier than a German car. Cost $525 and change for everything. Dropped it off at 1:30 & done by 5:00.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Good deal .. Did the dealer perform the repair? Or did you use an Indy?
Used my Indie shop... I'm sure the dealer would have been closer to $1K. Hyundaipartsdeal.com wanted $405 ($549 before discount) for the part itself. My replacement was a new Bosch.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUPPORTING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
Used my Indie shop... I'm sure the dealer would have been closer to $1K. Hyundaipartsdeal.com wanted $405 ($549 before discount) for the part itself. My replacement was a new Bosch.
Good deal! Thats good to know. Thanks for keeping us updated. This weekend I had my Snap-on scanner plugged in , I noticed the volts hover around 12.4- 12.8 or so. That was daytime driving only having the radio on, and whatever systems to run the car. Once you turn on the lights and blower the volts go up to the low 14s. I suppose its one of those features to save fuel?

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Good deal! Thats good to know. Thanks for keeping us updated. This weekend I had my Snap-on scanner plugged in , I noticed the volts hover around 12.4- 12.8 or so. That was daytime driving only having the radio on, and whatever systems to run the car. Once you turn on the lights and blower the volts go up to the low 14s. I suppose its one of those features to save fuel?
Yeah... Some cars are able to "throttle" the output. My car was idling when the light came on...

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums