• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Brake Vibration?

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

RoyG70

Registered Member
Manassas, Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interesting about the pads. Took mine in to dealer for the same problem last month. They first resurfaced the rotors, and that made it even worse. I took it back the next day insisting that they replace the rotors, which they did. No more shuddering - for now. The service manager told me that Genesis requires them to first do the resurface before replacement.

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well nothing in the TSB other than if it vibrates turn the rotors but the technician changed out the brake pads to the number that was listed on my work order and I will say this generates a lot more brake dust and I’m gonna bet that they’re semi metallic and not ceramic.

This amount of dust is only after driving 20 miles As I just wash the car last Saturday.

The rears look as clean as when I washed them.

cant tell any improvement on braking, just a ton more brake dust. To be honest would have preferred they left the pads alone as I’m not going to be washing the wheels every 25-50 miles with this much dust. I’ve had many cars with performance brakes with semi metallic pads and never had this much brake dust.

1AD20354-2141-4896-AD38-96FDAE44CD2D.jpegA3B98031-99D8-42A3-BA60-C60E1EA2B80E.jpegFAE5AE56-75DF-4418-A9F4-4207A3C6972B.jpeg

Last edited:

ashmostro

Registered Member
Northern Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well nothing in the TSB other than if it vibrates turn the rotors but the technician changed out the brake pads to the number that was listed on my work order and I will say this generates a lot more brake dust and I’m gonna bet that they’re semi metallic and not ceramic.

This amount of dust is only after driving 20 miles As I just wash the car last Saturday.

The rears look as clean as when I washed them.

cant tell any improvement on braking, just a ton more brake dust. To be honest would have preferred they left the pads alone as I’m not going to be washing the wheels every 25-50 miles with this much dust. I’ve had many cars with performance brakes with semi metallic pads and never had this much brake dust.

View attachment 25200View attachment 25201View attachment 25202
Sounds like you got the euro pads. Your reaction illustrates exactly why The USDM market gets ceramic pads. The typical American won't tolerate the dust. Myself, I welcome it but I'm not the target market.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You may not like the dust, but consider yourself lucky if they put on the HP metallic pads. I had to pay $400 for those to solve the braking issues with the crappy pads.
If you really can't take the dust, the ceramic pads are cheaper and probably easier to come by. But you may be inviting more brake vibration issues if you go back to those.

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You may not like the dust, but consider yourself lucky if they put on the HP metallic pads. I had to pay $400 for those to solve the braking issues with the crappy pads.
If you really can't take the dust, the ceramic pads are cheaper and probably easier to come by. But you may be inviting more brake vibration issues if you go back to those.
True. I’m thinking I’ll let them bed in a bit better as the rotors are still a bit rough. We’ll see how it goes.

ashmostro

Registered Member
Northern Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Currently Carbotech, G-LOCK, and Stoptech make front and rear pads for our Brembo equipped cars. Word on the street is that there are more brands to follow relatively soon.
Stoptech started making rears? If they are producing the sports I might switch to those. I like the feel of that compound! I'm not a carbotech/gloc (same compound) fan because of their higher compressibility.

Thanks for the heads up!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Stoptech started making rears? If they are producing the sports I might switch to those. I like the feel of that compound! I'm not a carbotech/gloc (same compound) fan because of their higher compressibility.

Thanks for the heads up!
No problem. Here is a link so you can see them, though I assume maybe you'll be able to get a better deal than going through these guys.

Kia Stinger GT - Stoptech Performance - Front & Rear Street Ceramic Brake Pads

Edit: Looks like they only have the street compound as far as I can tell. Hopefully they'll have more options soon, if not already.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums