Carplay Update & 1st Impressions

kavisic

Sustaining Member
San Angelo, West Texas
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Given that the free AA/CarPlay upgrade (that is not available to Ultimate owners due to "hardware incompatibilities") also appears to add a free map upgrade with 3D maps, then HMA should at least provide the v10 map upgrade to Ultimate owners for free as well.

There is no hardware incompatibility excuse to not give us that as the v10 maps for Ultimate show 3D maps (and supposedly improved VR). They will be getting a call from me on that tomorrow. Why should Ultmate owners have to pay over $200 to get what other Genesis owners are getting for free?

This further indicates to me that Hyundai is still not fully ready to seriously play in the luxury space - they don't seem to get a proactive approach to the little details that make a good customer experience and build loyalty.
You make an excellent point. The 3D map and Texting were the additions I would have liked to have, otherwise CP wouldn't be that important to me. Please let us know the results of your phone call.

Gunny

Hasn't posted much yet...
Atlanta
Given that the free AA/CarPlay upgrade (that is not available to Ultimate owners due to "hardware incompatibilities") also appears to add a free map upgrade with 3D maps, then HMA should at least provide the v10 map upgrade to Ultimate owners for free as well.

There is no hardware incompatibility excuse to not give us that as the v10 maps for Ultimate show 3D maps (and supposedly improved VR). They will be getting a call from me on that tomorrow. Why should Ultmate owners have to pay over $200 to get what other Genesis owners are getting for free?

This further indicates to me that Hyundai is still not fully ready to seriously play in the luxury space - they don't seem to get a proactive approach to the little details that make a good customer experience and build loyalty.
Thanks for pointing this out. I was just about to hit the order button for version 10 for my 5.0 Ultimate but will now hold off until you post the results of your experience. On second thought, I'll be calling them too. Strength in numbers and fair is fair.

Last edited:

Gunny

Atlanta
You make an excellent point. The 3D map and Texting were the additions I would have liked to have, otherwise CP wouldn't be that important to me. Please let us know the results of your phone call.
I just logged into my MYHyundai account and found the following alert waiting for me. It had today's date.

"Your New Vehicle Software Update Is Now Available (S.T.L.F.USA.E478.150901:Sep 1 2015"

Sept 2015 is when I bought the car.

I cannot select anything to download or activate it so I gave Customer Care a call. Predictably, the guy on the other end said no update was available for my car and that he had no idea why that alert was there. He advised me to follow up with the dealer which I will do today. I also sent the alert message to them via their web form. If and when I get a response I will be sure to share it here.

ksoze

Registered Member
I just logged into my MYHyundai account and found the following alert waiting for me. It had today's date.
Been covered here previously. The update broadly was for the Genesis sedan series, but the Ultimate model does not get this update (of CP and AA). That's why you cannot go further.

Gunny

Atlanta
Been covered here previously. The update broadly was for the Genesis sedan series, but the Ultimate model does not get this update (of CP and AA). That's why you cannot go further.
Thanks - Glad you knew this because neither Hyundai Customer Care or my local dealer did. I just returned from them and they said it may be available at a later date but I sensed an extreme lack of confidence. :)

need4spd

Registered Member
For CarPlay update and Amazon music, a possible Easter egg.

I did get Amazon music to show up on the screen when plugged into the lightning cable and USB port.

After starting car (do not select carplay), and while in the split screen home screen, plug in iPhone and launch Amazon music from phone screen (not Nav) and select play on phone, it shows up in the audio screen part of the split home screen with album cover image too. You can use the steering wheel controls to skip song or go back also.

If you move off the home screen though, it no longer works while connected to the USB port.

MachoManRS

Registered Member
Anybody experience this with the update when it's split screen navi/radio and you use the steering wheel controls it's opposite and when it's radio full screen the steering controls work in the right direction... Catch my drift lol anyone realize that with the update ?
Yes! this is an issue for me as well. happened after the AA update. The up/down function is reversed unless you are in full Radio display mode. Definitely an annoyance that I hope will be addressed soon, but I won't hold my breath... :rolleyes:

g_296274

hey guys, can someone please upload the carplay update file for genesis 2015?, my car is a second hand and i can't register it on the website to get permission to the download section, my car is an imported one from usa, pardon my poor english

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.